Epilogue - 2

Thank you to emma77645 for this idea! Had to run with it. Enjoy!

---

The new redhead that started a week ago stormed out of The Sound, flipping Eddie off before slamming the door behind her. I looked at him, sighing deeply.

"What did you do this time, my grump?" I asked, crossing my arms. He looked up from the Metallica album he was studying, smirking before shrugging.

"She was annoying. Whose favorite band is Culture Club?" he asked. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Plenty of people!" I retorted. He grinned and set the Metallica album down, crossing to me behind the counter and cornering me against it, setting his hands on the ledge behind me.

"And those people don't deserve to have opinions," he whispered, close to my face. I rolled my eyes and he kissed me, making my knees weak. I tried to focus through his smell and him moving to my neck, nipping at his favorite spots.

"If you keep scaring people off, we will be the only people who work here," I said, my voice cracking. He smiled into my neck.

"Even better – I spend all of my time with you, and I get paid for it? Sign me up," he whispered into my ear, making my hair stand on edge. I placed my hand on his chest and pushed him back gently, trying to focus. He knew what he did to me.

"Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go on a date? Or to a concert?" I asked, tracing his shirt. He rolled his eyes. "Remember how disappointed you were when you couldn't take me to the Tears for Fears concert because we had to work?"

He watched me, thinking. He nodded, conceding to my line of reason. He pressed his forehead to mine and sighed.

"What do I have to do, pretty girl?" he asked, brushing his nose against mine and making my stomach flip.

"Maybe put Mean Eddie away every once in a while?" I asked, playing with the hem of his shirt. He groaned, rolling his eyes.

"I hate being nice," he whined. I smiled and kissed him.

"All I'm asking is for you to not be so mean," I teased, kissing his nose. He sighed heavily and set his face in the crook of my neck.

"Fine – I'll try not to be mean," he huffed, conceding to my ask. I smiled and threw my arms around his neck, pulling his face close to mine.

"My hero," I exclaimed before kissing him. He broke into my favorite smile – the one that was goofy and giddy and made the inside of my chest burn.

"You're lucky I love you," he joked. I smiled and pecked his lips quickly before letting go.

"The luckiest girl in America," I replied. He kept smiling and continued to stay pressed to my side as we worked through inventory and counting the till.

"God damn it, Eddie!"  Alan yelled, storming towards the counter. Eddie stepped behind me, trying to hide. I giggled as he set his chin on my shoulder. Alan was about to rip into him until I held up a hand.

"Alan – before you start, I talked to Eddie and he promised to be nice going forward," I explained. Alan was red and angry.

"You better cut this shit out, Munson," he snapped, pointing at him. Eddie nodded.

"I pinky promise, Alan," Eddie replied, nodding his head on my shoulder. I laughed and leaned my head against his. He kissed me cheek and Alan rolled his eyes.

"I wish you still thought he hated you," Alan snapped, stomping back to his office. Eddie wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the nape of my neck.