0※ From Maid To Empress

▪♡♡♡♡▪

"Falling in love is like the Rain, it's unpredictable. But there are many signs before it completely falls."

----------------------------------------------------

"Lower your head when speaking to someone that of higher status as a sign of respect, don't even think about embarrassing our family name."

Those were the exact words her stepmother used to say, up until now. Nothing changed from past to present they were still craving for more power.

Her father worked as a travelling merchant in the past but was found out cheating on his wife with a foreign country girl, she- born out of wedlock and never out of love, Vanilla Ivey.

Named after her commoner mother's favorite plant.

While her stepmother used to be a Count's Daughter but when she married the merchant- a commoner, her father disowned her.

She regretted it very much, so she takes all her anger out on her husband's bastard child, which is the Vanilla Ivey.

Also the Vanilla standing beside the Emperor, It was all in the past that she was forced to serve as lowly servant of the former crown prince.

And that Prince was none other than her lovely husband, now known as Emperor Rezef Hill.

Vanilla's gentle violet eyes followed along the beautiful woman's dancing figure, curiously wondering how could a woman look just as beautiful as this, she was an angel! Is what she thought.

But her personality sure wasn't close to one, she'll pretend that isn't the case for now.

The most beautiful woman in the world danced in the center of the Grand Hall.

Once the song ended, she raised her hand in greeting. The people around her cheered while spilling some wine from their glasses.

"Please dance with me as well, Your Highness!"

"It's my turn now, Your Highness,"

The woman was no doubt Cayena Hill, the first princess of the Eldaim Empire. Also His Majesty, Emperor Rezef's elder sister.

Vanilla's sister in law...

"It's the Emperor's turn now,"

Rezef, who had been watching the hall with his chin on his hand and the other firmly held onto his wife's.

Vanilla then urged him to go, a bright smile present on her face as she did. Which in reality, was all forced.

He obeyed and soon made his way to Cayena, replacing his neutral expression with mild amusement and placed his lips on the back of her hand.

"Happy birthday, sister. Today, tomorrow, and forever after, please continue to be your beautiful self,"

...Although he would disagree on the idea that his sister was the 'most beautiful woman in the world' in his eyes, no one could possibly compare to his lovely Wife.

Of course he would never say that out loud and in front of his sister's face, Vanilla Ivey and Cayena Hill never really had a good relationship in the first place.

Everyone in the Empire knew that, it made them wonder how Vanilla even became the Empress in the first place.

Moving on, Cayena laughed at Rezef's words. Such middle class flattery was her favorite sort.

She glanced at her enemy, the Empress- Vanilla, with high arrogance that she only wanted for the woman to see.

Trying to remain sane for just a day, Vanilla tried to ignore Cayena's glare and she fired back an innocent closed eye smile instead of reacting petty.