5※ A Favor Between Friends

▪♡♡♡♡▪

"They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment."

----------------------------------------------------

"Why does the Princess ask a lowly maid such as I, a favor? I'm afraid I won't be of any help for the Princess." Vanilla said in all honesty.

"There's nothing to worry. I'm sure it's a problem only you can handle,"

How can I not worry when you tried to kill me a couple of times with that excuse!

The white haired girl simply smiled nervously. She still wasn't sure, but Cayena seems a bit different than usual,

Weird.

"Did you return to the past this time?"

Vanilla's eyes widened when she heard that from the imperial Princess. How can she act so calm while asking that...

"W-what." The speechless girl managed to say out loud.

At first, Cayena hadn't thought of how to explain to Vanilla, and thinking about befriending her seems impossible. There's no way she will believe her after all she's done to her, at least not now.

It was already specified in the novel that Vanilla died in the hands of her own brother, although Cayena wasn't sure who that was, she could somehow relate to her.

They were both killed. By their own brothers. And now, maybe just maybe, they could become friends instead of going against each other.

That's what Cayena was hoping for,

"Excuse me?" Vanilla said, still as surprised as ever by the Princess' shocking reply.

"Don't tell me- are you perhaps...like me?" She pointed to herself while titling her head to the side as she didn't believe what was happening.

Cayena on the other hand didn't knew how to respond, so she just nodded her head.

"N-no way! I can't believe it!"

Here it comes...

"Your highness really misses her past! No wonder your highness is acting strange lately! Don't worry your highness, I can relate very much so!" Vanilla said with clenched her fists, her eyes burning in determination.

Eh,

Eh?

Eh!!!!!

-------

"Oh...I see." Vanilla blinked her eyes. She heard it wrong earlier.

"I'm sorry your highness. I just thought you meant is as an expression," The girl smiled innocently.

"Expression?" Cayena questions.

"Well- you know, return to the past sounds like an expression of reminiscing the past, wanting to return to your past because you miss it so much."

The white haired girl explained with a raised finger to somehow specify her point.

The Princess awkwardly laughed as she still didn't knew how to respond.

Cayena had interacted with other noble ladies, but not to the point that she would call them as friends,

Just acquaintances since her past self was always so self-absorbed, arrogant even. That she hasn't had any friends up til now,

The beautiful woman was so caught up with her thoughts that she didn't notice Vanilla smiling at her in admiration.

"Then- your highness if you really had changed, and if you don't mind. I would like to be your friend," The white haired woman held out her hand.

  Cayena seemed confused at that but Vanilla merely chuckled, grabbing her hand as she holds onto it with care, providing the blonde girl the warmth and kindness she thought she'd never receive. Let alone from someone who is associated with her brother.

"But- aren't you supposed to be suspicious of me..." The Princess couldn't help but question.

Aren't you afraid that I'm just lying to get close to you?

"-and even if I did die and returned to the past, then you're supposed to be on guard- what if I try to harm you or something!" Although as much as Cayena appreciated her kindness and that she actually believes her.

It was too unrealistic,

The Princess of Aldaim didn't knew if she was sympathetic or just straight up stupid.

She dares say, that even the whole Empire wouldn't believe that she really has changed because she was from the future- I mean, does she have a problem on the head or something?

Vanilla smiled widely, unaware.

-----

"Bye bye lady Cayena!" She waved her hand at the woman who was out of view. Lowering her raised hand as she looked up to the direction her friend took.

Earlier, the two had an agreement, and after a good amount of talking they instantly became friends. Who knew they had so much in common?

Vanilla's eyes lost it's light but quickly returned as if nothing had changed.

Of course, I didn't believe her at first. Who would be that stupid? I know I'm not.

   I always thought that even though we were enemies in the past, I still had the heart to forgive her.

She never meant it in the past, she was driven by hatred and jealousy to notice her wrongdoings.

  She viewed herself as the most beautiful rose in the Empire, and I- was just a torn in her sides.

Although no matter how much she hated me, I knew for sure there was another existence that truly angered her to the point of going crazy....

Duke Kedrey's woman,

Olivia,

Even the mention of that name infuriates the Princess.

Goes to show that no matter how beautiful Cayena was, her beauty couldn't seduce a Kedrey.

"Sigh. Why are things getting more complicated," Vanilla took a deep breath before letting it out.

"Rezef. You really made your sister suffer, but this time I'll help her. I'll save her from you no matter what." She looked at the Prince's office door and bursts it open.

"Rezef!"

■□□□□□□■
Words count: 917

🐰: Sorry if the Chapter is shorter than usual, well you see I'm tired of school and all that. -And it's my birthday today so I thought I'd still publish this chapter even though it's shorter than my lifespan.