8※ Moving Onwards

▪♡♡♡♡▪

"This isn't fair? Since when have I been fair to you? Just how foolish have you become?"

----------------------------------------------------

The Emperor must be looking for a marriage partner for the Princess by now...

Sigh. I sighed out of frustration and helplessness as in the end I couldn't support Cayena with her plan on leaving the Empire, for the sake of freedom. To think I promised to help In this situation... I didn't really thought it through, huh?

According to my past life, Princess Cayena practically begged the Emperor to get her together with Raphael Kedrey, everyone knew her obsession for that man. She would throw a fit just to be with him, everyday she would waste her time and effort into a man that wasn't meant for her.

So they must be lying if they'd say the Princess was a sane person. Past is past, but I wonder if she really doesn't harbour any more feelings for that man after showering so much love.

My head titled towards the exact same place I've always found peace in, the palace garden, after reverting back to face of what's ahead of me I finally felt genuinely proud of myself. Sanity, I can't even express my surprise to realize that I was still sane up to this day.

Although that didn't meant I can actually be called a normal person. My past remained to haunt me up til this day, my life was anything but normal, my family was full of either sadists or masochists. And I happened to be both...

I was supposed to live freely in the palace as an ordinary maid after escaping my family, but instead I had a miserable ending thanks to a certain man I used to proudly call the love of my life.

Setting those thoughts aside, I started to glide freely across the hallway even if I'd have no clue where my feet would take me. I wanted to get away from my problems this bad, to avoid everyone and everything around me, including Rezef.

He was a lost cause. No matter how many times I've tried to convince him to do the right thing, he would find ways to contradict everything I say. I had realized, finally after all these years that there was no point in saving a man like him. That man is a natural born killer, a tyrant, a psycho and the list goes on.

Apart from Rezef's manipulative behaviour which was the reason that drove me to my end. I still couldn't accept the fact that he of all people would lie to me, I didn't even know his true intentions and I've known him for two lives. That sort of ignorance is infuriating,

Without my knowledge, my movements took a turn to abrupt and aggressive, before I knew it I was running. Running away from my life, fate, and most of all... My death.

Is it because I wasn't grateful enough, Just why? Why does my life have to turn out this way! Why!!!

Tears threatened to fall but I resisted, I wouldn't want to show my weakness out in the open and if anyone else saw this vulnerable state I was in-

Now that I've think about it, Cayena and I are alike in every way, why haven't that crossed my mind? I was so caught up with my own problems and past traumas I haven't thought if she must have gotten through far worse. I was so selfish, the Princess was betrayed by her own blood, her little brother, the only person she could have ever relied on.

And that little brother of hers was my lover.

I could have saved her! The moment Rezef threw her away because her purpose was no longer, the moment she was forced to marry a psycho. I could have done something, anything to prevent her death. But instead I chose to watch as the guards dragged her without her consent.