4※ Just His Maid

▪♡♡♡♡▪

"Being alone is better than being with the wrong person."

----------------------------------------------------

Vanilla Ivey. Not even my own father dared to mention that name, for fear that his wife's wrath would affect his prosperous business.

I was not born out of love, but from an affair, and no matter how much I tried to run away from my past, it always haunts me back. Reminding me that I was never wanted.

No one wanted me, my mother died after she gave birth to me, even the nobles wouldn't look at me, a commoner and a good for nothing in their eyes.

That was all I'll ever be.

Until,

They finally got rid of me,

"Hey! Are you okay, Ella?" Little Rezef waved his hand in front of his white haired friend, hoping to gain her attention.

They were happily playing earlier and he was sure she was enjoying herself, yet she stopped laughing and stared at nothingness.

"Your highness, do you think I'm useless?" Vanilla asked him all of a sudden, her bright eyes' light dimmed out while she clenched her tiny hands.

"I'm unwanted-"

"No! You're not!"

The little girl's eyes widened when he suddenly engulfed her into a warm hug, as he buried his head in her neck.

Melting to his reassuring touch, Vanilla smiled and closed her eyes, she finally felt at peace for once.

"If you think you're unwanted. Then that makes both of us, let's suffer together, and we'll heal together. I promise to protect you no matter the cost."

She couldn't believe that a little boy like him could say such things at a very young age...

"Silly Ella! You taught me these words yourself."

Because of you, I finally felt genuine love from someone.

I didn't even care if my own family sold me off, as long as I met you.

At least that's what I thought.

A wickedly handsome man with long silver hair chuckled darkly, as his bright yellow eyes looked down at her pitiful state.

"Oh if it isn't that wretched Prince's maid,"

He held her forcefully by the chin and she desperately tried to shove him off, but alas the chains that tied both her hands and feet restricted her from doing so.

Once again, she was forced to look up at him, her vibrant violet eyes raged as an immense aura of hate build up inside her.

"It's really a miracle you survived, I've sent many people to kill you. But he always got rid of them," The man clicked his tongue in annoyance, still keeping a firm hold on her.

"What do you want, Easter."

Heinrich's eyes widened then immediately changing to a scowl, He slapped her off of him, hard.