6- Dinner

I'm currently in my room taking deep breaths and considering if accepting their invitation was a good idea

I look at myself in the mirror, admiring my image, until my phone started to ring and I pick it up without seeing who was calling.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Finalmente me atendeu." I hear my mothers voice through the speaker and freeze. (You finally pick it up)

I let out a long breath.

"Como você conseguiu esse número?" I ask her. (How did you get this number?)

"Não importa. O que importa é que você vai parar essa loucura agora e vai voltar para casa!" (It doesn't matter, what matters is that you are going to stop this madness now and come back home)

I don't even answer her. I simply roll my eyes and hang up, making sure to block the number right after.

After this I really need a distraction. Maybe three drop dead gorgeous men will help.

I know they're not good people and shit, but they still look good as hell.

Leaving my small apartment, I make my way to the bus and take it to the restaurant they said we would be meeting.

"Wow." I whisper when I see the place.

It's like a huge mansion, with beautiful lights and fancy looking people.

I walk to the front desk and a man looks at me weirdly.

"Are you lost, miss?" He asks looking at me like I'm an alien.

"Excuse me?"

"You are excused, this is no place for you. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to pay for the water." He chuckles. "Now, leave before I call security."

I'm too shocked to move. I can't believe what I just heard.

Yeah, maybe my dress is cheap, maybe my makeup doesn't look like an Instagram fucking filter but even if I was wearing a trash bag, he had no right to treat me this way.

I start to roll up my sleeves, ready to fight this short bitch when I feel a warm hand on my shoulder.

The man tenses up and smiles.

"Mr. Cattaneo, how good to see you." He says.

I turn around and face the three men behind me, and they looked hot. All in fancy suits and a furious expression on.

What are they mad at?

"We have a reservation." Mr. Laurent says.

The man nods and leads us to a table. He turns around and his face gets red with anger.

"I already told you to leave, trash!" He yells at me and I flinch. "I'm sorry, gentlemen, I'll get security to throw the trash out." He says softly to the men.

At this point I feel hot tears burning in my eyes. I feel humiliated, disrespected.

I look at the ground and Mr. Laurent gives me a side hug.

"Get the fuck out before I throw you myself." Mr. Laurent says coldly.

"But she-"

"She is with us. And even if she was alone, this is no way to talk to her."

The man sighs and gives me a dirty look before leaving us.

A warm hand wipe my tears away and I lock eyes with Mr. Laurent.

"Thank you, Mr. Laurent."

He chuckles.

"Don't thank me, I just avoided you punching him." He says smiling. "And please, call me Aaron. This is Caden and Vincent."

I smile at them and we all take a seat.

After ordering our food and some water, I finally address the subject.

"So." I start. "Are we gonna talk about it?"

Caden sighs and drinks some water before talking.

"Daniel, that man we killed, worked for the man that destroyed our families. Luca Macedo. Who, by the way, was talking to you at the bar." I gasp at that.

The man who approached me at the bar was also a killer.

I take a long sip of my water, trying to not show my fear.

"Did you know that man?" Vincent asks me.

I shake my head.

"No. He went to talk to me, he was weird. But I was quick to cut him off and leave. That's when I saw you guys." I look at them. "Why would you think we knew each other?"

"Well, I know it sounds stupid, but you both are from Brazil and the Brazilian mafia was responsible for our fathers death."

"I'm sorry, but I really don't know him."

Suddenly, the dumbest idea ever popped on my head.

"But, maybe I could help you."

Aaron narrows his eyes at me, curious.