34 - Sorry

Vincent texted me that Elise spoke to him. Apparently, it didn't go well.

I knock on Elise's door and she doesn't answer, but I can hear her voice. I think she's on the phone, talking about some project.

So I walk inside her room.

"I think we can talk about rabies!" She says excitedly.

"Elise, who is THAT?!" Some blonde girl that was on FaceTime with her, asked.

Elise turned around smiling and face me. When she sees it's me, her smile drops.

"I'll call you guys later." With that she hangs up.

Elise sits on the bed and stares at me.

"Can we please talk?" I step closer to her.

I was never a man to beg, but I can't help but feel like shit right now. And I definitely can't lose Elise. We can't.

"I guess." She answers a bit annoyed.

Before, her tone would earn her some spankings. But now, it hurts me.

"Look at me." I tell her.

I sit next to Elise on the bed and lift her chin with my finger, making her face me.

"I am so sorry, Elise."

There. I said it. I don't remember the last time I've said those words.

"Please, Elise. I'm begging you, forgive us. Don't leave us! Please!" I'm so desperate right now, I don't care if I look like a baby. "We can't lose you, I don't know how to live without you! I fucking love you, Elise!"

Her eyes widen at my words.

"What did you say, Caden?" Elise looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"I love you. I love you, Elise! I love you, and there's no life without you in it."

Elise pulls me by my shirt and kisses me deeply.

"I love you too, Caden." She says still close to my lips.

I grab her hair and kiss her again. Not in a sexual way. This is... love.

I just wanted to taste the woman that I love, to feel her.

I pull her away, breathless. And smile.

"Do you think you're ready to talk to the others too?" I ask her.

She nods her head and smile at me.

I knew Aaron was in his room, working. So I texted Vincent to meet us there.

I grab Elise's hand, and walk to Aaron's room. When we get there, she knocks on his door, very gently, like she always does.

We hear a few footsteps and soon Aaron opens the door. He had a tired expression on, dark circles under his eyes. He looked exhausted.

"Oh, God. Elise?" Aaron smiles.

"Are you okay, A?" Elise asks. "You don't look so good."

"I'm fine. Jesus, you're talking." He laughs.

"Can we come in?" I ask him.

Aaron nods his head and steps to the side, allowing us to walk inside.

His room was a mess. Papers everywhere, his bed wasn't made, clothes on the floor, dishes on his night stand.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry." Aaron literally kneels in front of Elise and grabs her hand. "I hate myself for what happened to you, please forgive me."

"A." Elise calls gently. "Please, stand up." Aaron stands up, still holding her hands. "I love you."

When those words leave her mouth, is like Aaron gained life again.

"I love you so fucking much." Aaron says and holds her face, kissing her.

Then, he hugs her.

"Is this really happening?"

I turn around and see Vincent on the door.

Crying?

"Vince?" Elise calls.

He runs to her direction and hugs her.

"Do you forgive us?" He asks and Elise nods. "And you love us?" She laughs and nods again.

"Marry us." I say.

Everyone stares at me. And just now I realize what I said.

*****

"Marry us? What the fuck was that, Caden?" Vincent yells at me. "What if we just scared her away?!"

We're at the gym, just the three of us. Elise was at some friends house to finish her project.

"As far as I know, polygamy is illegal!" Aaron adds.

"We're illegal! We are literally the fucking mafia!" I say. "And it doesn't have to be official to the world, just to us. We buy rings and have a small party if she wants."

"When you say it like that, it doesn't sound so bad." Vincent agrees.

"I guess we should go shopping for a ring, then." Aaron smiles.

"We are going to marry our girl."