☼ Chapter Four ☼

A Mission With Your Ex?

T'Challa comes into the lab, his first official day as king. Nerissa's tinkering with a piece of metal, not sure what Shuri was asking when she told her to rearrange the gears. She moves her hips as up-beat music is played throughout the lab. Nerissa looks up, smiling at T'Challa and standing up to be next to Shuri to welcome him.

Shuri bows, mocking him. "My king!" He tsks "Stop it! Stop it!" Nerissa chuckles, Shuri slapping her arm as she laughs. They do a handshake and T'Challa turns to Nerissa.

She bows her head.

"King."

Shuri scoffs but laughs, grabbing her hand and walking forward, guiding her. T'Challa's eyes zoom to their hands then up to Nerissa's watching eyes, a knowing smile plastered on his lips.

"I've already sent a car ahead to Busan for you." He hums, hands behind his back. Shuri looks back at him "Who are you taking with you to Korea anyway?"

"Okoye." He has a cheeky smile, glancing away "and Nakia as well." Shuri slows down, making Nerissa slow down as well.

"You sure it's a good idea to take your ex on a mission?" Nerissa gives her a look, trying to convey the words 'you're really asking him about his ex?' to which she shrugs.

"Yes." T'Challa replies.

Shuri looks over to Nerissa, a gaze that says 'he's crazy.' She chuckles, T'Challa turning around at the noise and catching Shuri's face. "We'll be fine."

They're standing beside him now, both of them looking at him. "Besides, you two will be on call should we need backup."

Shuri lifts an arm, making a fist with it "Yes!" Nerissa smiles at the sight of her. Shuri walks on, picking up the pace. "I have great things to show you, Brother."

"Here are your communication devices for Korea." She slows at a table as she picks up a case and gives it to T'Challa. "Unlimited range, also equipped with audio surveillance system."

"Check these out." She stops at another table, letting go of Nerissa's hand to grab another device. She holds it up, showing it to him. "Remote access Kimoyo beads." She places it back down, grasping Nerissa's hand once again. "Updated to interface directly with my sand table." T'Challa nods "Ah."

He walks forward, hands still behind his back. "And what are these?" Shuri chuckles softly, looking at Nerissa and winking "The real question is.. What are those!" T'Challa chuckles and looks down. "Why do you have your toes out in my lab?"

Nerissa raises an eyebrow, looking down at her own sandals. Shuri smiles at her, shaking her head as if to say 'you're different.'

"What? You don't like my royal sandals?" T'Challa puts his foot on a chair "I wanted to go old school for my first day." He raises his eyebrows in a funny sort of way. "Oh, I bet the Elders loved that." He chuckles at Shuri's words, bringing his foot down.

"Try them on." Shuri places two random pieces of something? Nerissa's not sure- she just kinda does what she tells her to and doesn't ask any questions.