☼ Chapter Five ☼

A Magical Thing, Life.

The next day when Nerissa woke up, she decided she would try something new- braiding her hair. Well at least on land. Everyday she would braid her hair, but that was underwater.

She did the usual, a few different braids all kind of intertwined together with seashells. It was actually easier above water because her hair wasn't going everywhere.

She had put on a blue skirt and a white top, jewelry and sandals to go with, and walked out of her door, unsurprised to see Shuri just walking out of hers as well.

They seemed to be on the same exact schedule, or something like it. They both went to their rooms at the same time and came out at the same time.

Shuri smiled when she saw Nerissa, eyes running over her appearance while she did the same. Her eyes came back to Nerissa's hair, hand clasped with hers once they were next to each other.

"You braided your hair?" Nerissa nods, pulling a random braid forward and looking at it, grabbing a pearl from it. She puts it in her palm and makes a bracelet, sliding it on her wrist.

Shuri stares in awe. "You've got to show me what else you can do." Nerissa chuckles, bringing her hand forward once more. She takes the water from the air, the water appearing at her command.

Shuri watches with wide eyes and an open mouth as Nerissa makes a rose out of the water, lifting her other hand to make it into a solid. It stays still, the small ripples gone because it's no longer water but a weird glass like substance.

Shuri grabs it, fingers gliding over it. "It feels strange." She mumbles. "It's soft and feels like running your hand over semi- melted ice but yet it's not cold and it's not wet." Her brows furrow as she stares at it, probably trying to examine it.

Nerissa smiles, kissing her cheek, taking her hand once more. "Don't think about it too hard, αγάπη μου." Shuri grins down at her, being just a few inches taller, plus she has shoes that make her taller while Nerissa just has sandals.

"I suppose I won't." She sighs, swinging their hands as they walk to the lab, preparing for the mission in Korea. Nerissa lifts her other hand to turn the rose back into water, catching it before it falls all over Shuri's shoes.

"Hey! I liked it!" Shuri complains, staring at her empty hand and the ball of water floating mid-air. Nerissa lets it flow back into the atmosphere, no longer visible.

"I'll make you another one. I can't disrupt the balance any longer than I did." Shuri hums, nodding to a Dora as they walk into the lab.

"You better."

Nerissa's sitting on the floor of the lab, legs crossed, while Shuri tinkers with a gadget, mindlessly mumbling information down to her. Nerissa listens intently, playing with a ball of water in the air.

Shuri had gotten a few bottles of water for her so she didn't have to take from their air. Nerissa had made her a few solid things, another rose being one. She also made a dolphin but maybe it was just because she was missing home.

She pulls the water apart, creating small figures of animals and people as Shuri explains how if she connects this one thing Nerissa can't remember the name of to this other thing She also can't remember the name of.