☼ Chapter Nine ☼

Showers

*smut

After the events of Erik attempting to take over, Shuri and Nerissa went back to how they were before except more. They haven't done anything extra, just heated kisses every now and then. Plus, Nerissa can tell Shuri is nervous.

That small burst of confidence in the grotto was replaced with timidness.

Nerissa has practically moved into Shuri's room, some of her clothes in her closet and her jewelry on her bathroom counter. Naia went back home, promising to return once the baby is born which is in about a months time. (yes it's been that long, about five months)

Shuri and Nerissa haven't spoken much about the bonding but Shuri does like to bring up the fact that she's her other half. Surprisingly, it didn't scare her away, the thought of their souls becoming one.

Nerissa thought, since Shuri was so into science and not really the metaphysical, she would frown upon the idea of any of it. But then again, Nerissa has a tail.

It's Saturday and usually Shuri and Nerissa sleep in today, which it took a while for her to get out of the habit of rising with the sun, so they did, holding onto each other as the sun comes up and not moving until it's just midday.

Nerissa smiles when she opens her eyes, feeling Shuri's breath tingling her shoulder. Shuri has her arms wrapped around Nerissa's waist from behind, Shuri's face on her back.

They both fell asleep in some type of bra so their skin was touching, making Nerissa sigh at the feeling. She turns around, holding Shuri close to her, breathing in deeply.

Shuri groans, lifting her arms and slowly looking up at Nerissa, her eyes squinted. She grins, scooting up so she can put her head in Nerissa's neck, sighing as she falls back asleep.

Nerissa shakes her head, grabbing Shuri's chin to wake her up. "You have to get up now, it's nearly one." She looks over at a clock, checking Nerissa's words. When she turns back she lays flat down, rubbing her eyes with her hand.

Nerissa sits up, holding herself with her elbow, smiling down at Shuri. She smiles widely, kissing Nerissa's nose before rolling out of the bed and walking to the bathroom.

Nerissa stands up, walking outside on the balcony, relishing in the feeling of wind blowing her hair and the soft coolness of the air, winter in the near future. She sits on the floor, leaning on the railing and watching as the people of Wakanda go about their daily duties, sounds of laughter and giggles coming from playing children.

When Shuri comes outside with her, she's in a red shirt with black trousers, her braids in one big braid. She smiles, moving to sit in the chair next to Nerissa. Nerissa grabs her hand, running her fingers over her palm, tracing the lines.

She smells like a mix of mint and evergreen, a calming but strong mixture. Just as she is.

She bites her lip for a moment before speaking. Nerissa moves to sit directly under her, laying her head on her thighs, letting Shuri play with her hair.

"There's this thing, I don't know if it's a thing where you're from but here it is." Nerissa nods, humming for her to continue. "It's called a girlfriend." Her body tenses the second the words leave her mouth, nearly startling Nerissa.