Chapter 1

TRIGGERWARNING: Mention of panic attack
Y/n POV

The eyes were dark brown, which seems pretty boring, but they had a sparkle and it made my insides feel warm and fuzzy. It felt like they held the whole galaxy. I was mesmerized and could just stare. The rest of the persons face was just blurry and I didn't pay attention to it. After a little while, which seemed like forever, the person infront of me cleared it's throat and only then I realized it was a man. Not just any man, who works as a staff, no it was fucking Bang Chan. Like, I was such a big fan of him and his music and to be honest, I had a little celebrity crush on him. I pulled away from his arms and looked on the floor embarrassed. With a short look on my watch I gasped. ,,Shit!",I cursed. 10:31. One minute ago my job interview started. I didn't want to leave a bad impression and was already late to the interview. My eyes stung as I felt the tears building up . This was my only chance to follow my dream and I just ruined it because I was irresponsible. Maybe I am a failure, maybe my parents were right. The thought of my parents didn't help and the tears, that were threatening to fall, started to run over my face. My breath started to fasten until I felt warmth on my face. ,, Calm down. It's alright.", I could hear Bang Chan say. ,, Nothing's alright.", I sobbed. He pulled me into his chest and started to rub circles onto my back and he whispered sweet words in my ears calming me down. ,, Now tell me, what happened?", he asked after I fully calmed down. ,, I'm late to my job interview." ,, Job interview?" I just nodded at his question. ,, You're the one who is interviewed to be a choreographer! Ms. Y/l/n, right?"
His question confused me and I could just stutter out ,, Y-Yes". Suddenly he laughed and I got even more confused. ,, You can come with me. I also headed there because I am supposed to interview you too. I will tell them that it's my fault your late." All I could do was to look at him dumbfounded. ,, No, it's my fault. I didn't hurry enough." He sighed,,, Let me help you just once." This moment I knew that I can't convince him otherwise and just agreed. He smiled at me and the corners of his eyes crinkled.

When he turned around and started walking, I followed him quietly until we were standing infront of a big wooden door. Chan knocked softly on it for two times before a man's voice called us inside. The door creaked a bit when Bang Chan opened it and being the gentleman he is, he held it open for me to enter the office of the CEO Jung Wook. I was intimidated by his aura and the way he was looking at me. Me and Chan bowed 90 degree to respect him. Chan seemed to notice that I was nervous and a little scared of the CEO's reaction to me showing up late to the interview, so he told him the reason of my delay. ,,She isn't really late. It's my fault, she would have made it in time but we bumped into each other and I held her up until we found out we had the same destination. I'm sincerely sorry." He bowed again and Mr. Jung smiled kindly at us. I was thankful that Bang Chan didn't mention my emotional breakdown to him. ,,No need to apologize, it's only five minutes and I wouldn't have started if you weren't here.", he said directed at Chan. I immediately felt more relaxed at his words. He gestured me to sit down on the chair infront of him while Chan took a seat next to him. I did do as I was told and sat down. My nervousness rising again but they both smiled what calmed me down a bit again.

They looked at the tablet infront of them where my resume was opened. Shortly after, they finished reading it and then watched two videos of me and my friends dancing to my self-made choreographies together with me and asked me to explain why I choreographed the dance to the songs like this.

The first song was Unholy by Sam Smith and I explained why I used the steps and how I think they fitted the parts of the song. I also explained how long it took and which parts I did first. It was kind of a step-to-step explanation on how I made a dance to the song. They also asked how my friends learned it. ,, After the finishing touches I show them the choreography to the whole song and how it should look like in the end and then I split it into smaller parts and start teaching them step-by-step until everyone feels comfortable with the steps. After that I teach the next part. Sometimes I don't go with the order of the song but with the difficulty of the moves. I either start with the hard part or mostly with the chorus and the repeating parts. In some cases I changed the choreography while teaching because I didn't like how it looked or because many of my students couldn't do it."
Mr. Jung nodded and took notes to what I said.

Please visit the ,,1MILLION Dance Studio" YouTube Channel. They have great choreographies and deserve more attention.

We moved on to the second video. The dance was to Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa. It was shorter and I explained the same things to this choreography.

You are also welcome to watch the videos of the ,,DANCE ENERGY dance studio" Channel. Their choreographies are shorter and about the catchier part of the song. They have many great videos.

Then Bang Chan asked other questions. ,, Do you have other hobbies aside from dancing?" ,, I enjoy reading and I also play the piano. Apart from dancing I also do other sports but mainly I play volleyball and I am a figure skater.", I answered him. They asked some more questions and after around 45 minutes the interview was over. Both had taken many notes to my explanations and answers. ,, I'm going to show the videos to Minho later and get his opinion about them.", Chan told the CEO.

The latter just nodded and turned his attention on me. ,, The last 45 minutes we asked you questions, now I want to know if you have any." I knew I shouldn't ask this but my curiosity got the best of me: ,, Why was Bang Chan here? I thought only you would interview me." The two man were surprised with my question but Mr. Jung answered nevertheless. ,, At first we still didn't know for which group you should work but then we decided to put you to Stray Kids because the need a little support because of their hectic schedule. As you know they do a lot of choreography themselves but I am sure you will mange this with Minho." I was stunned at his answer. Never have I imagined to choreograph for my favorite group. ,, I don't have any more questions. Thank you for giving me the opportunity for the interview." ,, We will contact you in a few days if you can start and if that's the case you will also get your schedule and information. I hope to see you again", Mr. Jung stood up and I copied his action. Chan did too and I shook hands with both men and bowed as I took my leave.

Author's comment:
Do you think you'll get the job? What will Minho think about your choreographies?
The next chapter will be in Chan's POV what happens after the interview. Stay tuned and a Happy New Year. ❤️