pierre gasly [eng]

pierre gasly x reader
tw. drunk reader
i hope you enjoy this (really) long one shot ((:

"You didn't mention Pierre was invited." I frowned at Charles.

I shouldn't have been surprised when a familiar figure appeared on the dance floor. After all, there was no reason why Charles couldn't bring his best friend to his celebrating-vicechampiontitle-party.

"Well, since both of you finally stopped acting like kids with this 'avoiding each other' thing, I thought you wouldn't mind his company." Charles took a sip of his drink.

"Still, you could have told me." I nearly rolled my eyes when I saw my ex-boyfriend making his way towards the table which we were occupying.

It wasn't really like I didn't see Pierre. In fact, it was nearly impossible not to, since we shared the same industry — him as a driver, me as a mechanic (thankfully no longer in Alpha Tauri).

Our first interactions through the first several months after the break-up were either unpleasant or awkward, but with every next accidental bump into each other on the track, we were getting better and better in small talk. It seemed like we tried to be friends again, or at least on good terms.

"What's up guys?" Pierre approached us with his usual grin. "Damn, I can't believe it's finally the end of the season."

"Me too, man." Charles gave his friend a quick fist bump. "Listen, I have to check up on Carlos, but I'll be right back!"

Just before he left us by ourselves, he shot me one of his iconic winks, which usually made me laugh, but at that moment I was as far as it was possible from laughing.

I wanted to kill him.

"So, how are you?" Pierre asked, probably trying to kill the awkward silence.

"Good, managed to perform some clean pit stops" I shrugged, coming up with the first thing that came to my mind. That was the first time in a while we spoke more than a few words. "And, uh, how was the race?"

"As usual this season, not so fantastic. But I try to think about the winter break that's ahead of me."

Of course, I knew that he ended up fourteenth and how hard he had been struggling for the last eight months. Alpha Tauri clearly didn't provide him the competitive car he was waiting for. I was a hundred percent sure he couldn't wait for his transfer to Alpine.

"I cannot do this anymore" Pierre ran his hand through his hair as he was walking circles around our hotel room. "You're a distraction."

"A distraction?" I repeated with a questioning tone, feeling a tight knot in my chest.

"This isn't working. We're not working anymore." he continued, not even bothering to look at me. "It's not just a matter of different teams we're working for. I just can't properly focus on racing when I see you on the grid, in the pit lane or anywhere else on the track. I can't be the driver my team needs me to be if I'm with you. I have to choose my priority. I'm sorry, Y/N."

I remained silent as he was talking, because I knew if I opened my mouth, I would make everything much worse.

"I can leave you alone, give you space, so you can move on." he said, as if it was supposed to make everything easier.

"Okay. I hope you know what you're doing." that was all I could say without my voice cracking.