lando norris [eng]

lando norris x mclaren racing engineer!reader
writing & social media extras
have fun reading!

lando norris x mclaren racing engineer!readerwriting & social media extrashave fun reading!

"well done, lando, what a brilliant weekend for you and mclaren. another podium of the season, and the first ever win in your career. how are you feeling right now?" will buxton asked in his post-race interview, pointing a microphone towards the british driver.

"oh my god, mate, i don't even know what to say" lando exclaimed, grinning like a little child. "i'm quite overwhelmed by the crowd and all the emotions, so i don't think i'm able to say anything more than i'm so happy to be in this place, to score my first ever f1 win in silverstone, alongside the people i love and an amazing team."

"sounds like you were really enjoying today's racing. in the commentator's booth everyone was pointing out the brilliant communication between you and your race engineer. was that one of the keys of today's result?"

"yeah, definitely," lando smiled even wider as will mentioned y/n, "even though she's new into this role, i can already tell she was born for this. she's doing such a great job, working with her is a pleasure, i hope for more podiums and wins with her by my side, i love her- i mean i love working with her" lando corrected himself quickly, but not quickly enough for will not to understand his whole rambling.

"shit, i wasn't suppose to say that, was i?" he asked partially himself, partially charlotte who was standing behind him, panic rising in her eyes. "i guess that's all for today" he added, feeling a gentle tap on his shoulder, meaning that yes, indeed, he should end that interview.

•••

"do you hate me?" that was first question lando asked y/n as he walked into the mclaren's motorhome. "fuck, i can't believe i actually said that on tv. you're definitely mad at me. i won't be surprised if you quit your job by the next race weekend, cause it's kinda awkward, considering we're meant to stay on professional terms."

"lando norris, can you just stopped walking circles around and try to calm down for a sec?" y/n grabbed brit's wrist, forcing him to look at her. "i'm not mad, more like surprised, because we haven't really decided what we're gonna do with everything that started happening between us. and you know, i didn't really expect hearing i love you in the middle of an interview, but i guess i'll live with that." she lifted lando's hand and placed a quick kiss to it. "we'll figure it out, okay?"

"okay," lando stepped towards y/n and placed his hands around her waist, pulling her closer towards his chest,"so that means you're not going to resign?"

"as long as zak doesn't mind me dating his favorite boy," y/n said, inhaling the familiar scent of lando's hoodie. "but no more l-bombs from you in the middle of interviews. let's give poor charlotte a rest."

social media extras (;