Found out

Kat POV - Saturday, July 16

Today was Jamie's 8th birthday. I decided I would take all the kids on a hike to the flower field and we would have a picnic. Of course, that means I'll have to pack beforehand. I woke up early this morning to see that once again my couch bed has been invaded. I chuckled when I saw both Dreadwing and Soundwave. I slowly slipped out of bed, trying my best not to wake the two. I slowly put a pillow in my place. I luckily didn't wake them up. I quickly grab my clothes for the day and prepare myself in the bathroom. I quickly exit the bathroom and go to the kitchen to start breakfast. I pulled out the special shaper for pancakes. It could shape pancakes into stars, dinosaurs, hearts, and dragons. I grabbed the star, dinosaur, and dragon ones and started making the pancake batter. As the first pancake started to cook I pulled out some bacon, sausage, and eggs.

"Wow, Kat, you're on the move this morning," I hear Alyssia say behind me. I flip the pancake and look towards her. I nodded and quickly got back to doing what I was doing.

"Want any help?," Alyssia asked.

"Yes, that would be nice. Could you pull out the biscuits and put them in the oven? Once you're done with that could you do the bacon and sausage, please?," I asked.

"Okay, captain," she said with a small chuckle.

Thanks to her help we got done a little faster than if I had done it all by myself. I could hear the sound of many different footsteps coming down the hall, along with a few 'hey's.

"Good morning, everyone," I said with a small laugh.

"Morning, mom," I heard most of them chime back. Star and Comet still were in their PJs and some of the sparklings still had the blankets on their shoulders.

"And a special good morning to my Little Comet," I said with a small smile, ruffling Jamie's hair. I kissed his forehead and he giggled.

"Thanks mom," Jamie said, quickly making his way towards the dining table with the others.

We had explained what birthdays were to the sparklings when we had Trever's birthday a few days before.

As they all ate, I began to prepare for lunch today. I was gonna make some spring rolls and some sandwiches. We had fun making some cookies the night before. We made chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and sugar cookies. And I had to clean up the kitchen because a flour fight started.

"Mom, you're not gonna eat with us?," I hear Star ask. I notice how all eyes are on me. I smiled and nodded.

"In just a second. I'm trying to prepare for today's lunch," I say. It took me a few minutes, but I finally sat down with them and ate along with them. After breakfast, Trever washed the dishes and went to work. Today Alyssia had the day off because she wanted to help me. We started to actually make the spring rolls and sandwiches. I focused on the spring rolls while she made the sandwiches. Once we were done with the food and put it in the fridge, I went and reached above the cabinets and grabbed the picnic basket. I wiped it off and walked over to the hallway closet and pulled out the big picnic blanket that was in there. It already had its own bag, so it didn't have to take up space in the picnic basket. Alyssia came out of the garage with the small cooler for drinks. We allowed the kids to pick what drinks they wanted and Alyssia picked them up when she came home the day before. She grabbed the drinks from the fridge and put them into the cooler. This whole process took two hours. So now it was 10am.

"Are y'all ready to go?!," I called towards the kids.

"Yes!," most of them replied. I laughed a little bit seeing most of them wearing little hats. Alyssia had seen them while getting the drinks, and we couldn't help it, they were so cute.