Waking up

Kat POV - Sunday, July 17

They were all pretty traumatized from the day before. It was understandable though. I woke up being surrounded by all of the kids. They wouldn't go to sleep last night so I laid down with them, in hopes they would go to sleep. They were out after 30 minutes.

I laid there for a while until I felt the kids stir. I would have to rebuild my arm once more. It being gone reminded me of when I first lost it, my legs, and when I first lost them.

"Are you sure you're okay?," I heard my husband ask me once again, for the tenth time in five minutes.

"I'm as fine as I could be," I commented back at him. I had gone into labor early and he was quick to rush me to the hospital. Though if he didn't focus, I wasn't gonna be the only one visiting the hospital.

"And you are...," Alex started up again.

"Alex, you're making me wish I left you at home and was being driven by Alyssia or Trever," I said. I was grateful that he cared, but he tended to overcare. He needs to focus on the road. We crossed an intersection. We had the right-away, but here I saw a light getting brighter and the sound of a honking horn.

Our car was slammed into on the driver side and caused the car to spin out and slam into a tree. The hit instantly killed my husband, Alex. The car slammed so far into the driver's side that my left arm was caught, causing me to lose my arm. The slam into the tree was so hard that the engine ended up on my legs below my knees, causing me to lose the part of my legs below my knees. And because of the override of stress, I lost my twins. So not only did I have to bury my husband, I also had to bury my barely born babies. The funeral was devastating and the man who had hit us had been put on trial. The man only got a few years in prison, it made me angry, but I had other things to focus on.

"Mother, is there something the matter?," I hear a voice ask. I quickly looked over to see that it was Shockwave. I smiled at him and reached over and patted his head.

"Yes, I'm fine," I said.

"But you are crying," I hear him say. I put my hand up to my face and realized he was right. I had been crying as I remembered that horrible memory. I sighed a bit.

"I guess I started crying as I was remembering things," I say quietly.

"May I ask what it was?," I hear Shockwave ask. I shook my head.

"Maybe later, it is too early in the morning to be sad," I said with a small smile.

It took a while for the rest of them to stir, but once most of them were awake, I sat up to get off the bed. I made my way towards the kitchen and saw both Trever and Alyssia making breakfast. They both take notice of me entering the room, but then go right back to making breakfast.

"I'm shocked you're up so early. You should have slept in today," Alyssia says. I smiled a bit as Trever handed me some hot chocolate, I hesitated, forgetting I had recently lost my left arm once more. I chuckled a bit and grabbed the mug and took a sip. Just the right temperature. I could never get it right, but Alyssia, Trever, and even Alex, always got it right. I felt tears come back into my eyes. Before I know it I'm crying again. I was quick to make my way to my office to calm down, but I stopped in the hallway. No, I can't hide my emotions. Hiding and bottling them up would only make them worse. I sighed as the tears clouded my vision and I made my way to the dining table to sit down.

"Kat, what is the matter?," I hear both Alyssia and Trever say. I looked up and towards them and smiled a soft smile.

"Sucky memories," I say. I feel a pair of arms around me and look to see Altair.

"It's okay, mom. You can cry," Altair said. I feel another pair of arms on the other side of me and see Jamie. I laugh a bit and pat both of their heads. I broke out into a small sob. I cried for a bit and then I took notice of the sparklings at the end of the hallway. I smiled at them and waved them over. Some made their way over while the others watched. I pulled them into a hug along with Altair and Jamie. I notice the few who watched make their way over and I add them in.

I waited until the afternoon to explain my sensitive emotions. It was hard to get the story out without crying. I had to take a few breathers in between words. I got quite a few hugs afterwards and the night ended with more cuddles.