Chapter Seventeen

Brea

I return to the table with messy hair, flushed cheeks, and my legs still trembling. My head feels light and floaty, like I've just had a two-hour massage and a relaxed day nap to go with it.

That man.

Flashes of his dark eyes burning into mine as his head was placed between my legs makes me feel all kinds of hot. I clench my thighs together at the thought, feeling every bit of desire he created.

I've never quite had a sexual encounter like that. He is just so... hot and dominating. Everything I didn't know I wanted.

In past relationships, I've had good sex. Great, even. But nothing has felt like that, and we didn't even get to the sex part. Thoughts of what he could do to me makes me spiral into a hot wave of thoughts that I certainly shouldn't be having while I'm in public. More importantly, my workplace. About my boss.

I feel Zander's presence behind me before I feel the heat from his body pressing into my skin through the thin shirt I'm wearing. His big hand touches the small of my back as he slides into the space beside me. I break out into a light sweat at his proximity, my thoughts delving into dirtier ones by the second.

Those at the table continue switching their gaze between us. I suppose me leaving so abruptly and him coming after me was obvious, let alone my appearance now. I can see the shock in their eyes. Maybe this is quite unusual for Zander. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

"You a fan of football?" Jayden leans forward onto his forearms, causing the table to lean to one side. His fingers curl around the beer. Condensation drips onto the table in large, round dots. At least with the temperature this warm, it shouldn't seem too unusual that I'm flustered.

"I'm not sure if I should admit this..." I say sheepishly. "I've never watched an entire game before."

"What?" Jayden exploded, his mouth falling open, forming an exaggerated 'O'. "You're kidding, right?"

I shake my head, bits of my hair falling in front of my eyes. "I usually fall asleep."

"It will be different when you're at the game," Zander says. I shiver when I feel his fingertips brush between my shoulder blades as he plays with the end of my hair. "The atmosphere of watching it in real time, with everyone shouting, all the lights," he leans in close, his warm breath fanning across my cheek. "You'll love it."

"You're going to a game?" Jayden asks curiously, smiling broadly as he glances between Zander and I. I wonder if he can feel the tension that is brewing between us the longer we stand beside each other.

"Yep," Zander says dismissively, turning away from him. He leaves the table and wanders around the back of the bar, pouring himself a beer and making a drink for me, too. I smile as I watch him. I could watch him all day.

When I look back at Jayden, he is studying Zander. A frown dents his forehead, his tongue stuck into the side of his cheek.

"So," he says, leaning in close again. He seems to like being so close to people to the point they feel uncomfortable. "You in town for long?"

Swallowing, I lift my shoulder. "I honestly don't really know what I'm doing. Taking it day by day."

"You should come visit me in Charleville. It's a nice little town. Lots of things to see."

The sound of glass slamming against the tabletop makes me jump. Zander's broad shoulders fill the space, making it seem like he's looming over me.

"Charleville is even more boring than Glendale," Zander deadpans. He uses two fingers to push my drink in front of me. My eyes linger on those long fingers for a moment, my mind spinning back to a moment that has me flushing once more. "Better company here, too. Isn't that right, Angel?"