13| in the shadows; on the run

song: run BTS –BTS

13| in the shadows; on the run

taehyun's i-messages

 jungkook (boss) 

lay low until this blows over. 

at least the press doesn't know what you look like. 

keep it that way. 

yes hyung. 

soobin 

 march 5, 2022

taehyun when r u coming

march 7, 2022

beomgyu's attending the burberry event with yeonjun 

i can sneak him out for a few minutes 

march 13, 2022

it's beomgyu's birthday today

do you want to speak to him?

i can try smth to distract minho 

yesterday

it's been two weeks. 

where are you? 

beomgyu's miserable. 

are u even coming back? 

delivered.

taehyun threw his phone against the wall, the gadget landing on the floor with a hard thud after that. 

"fucking bastards," taehyun cursed under his breath. 

for the past two weeks, he was being trailed 24/7 by choi sehun's bodyguards, no doubt monitoring his every move so that he doesn't even try to go back and find beomgyu. one of his sources reported to him that people have been buying his credit card statements, phone history etc. 

the only point is that they didn't know taehyun knew. they were inconspicuous really, not visible to the naked eye that they were stalking taehyun but the latter isn't the best bodyguard of hybe corps for nothing. 

one thing gave it away, there were too many coincidences to be called coincidences anymore. it seemed that he kept meeting new faces in the area, when he went grocery shopping for him and his current roommate or when he went to the convenience store and when he went to their regular gym. 

taehyun was currently living with one of his colleagues from hybe corporations, park sunghoon, at the latter's apartment in the sketchier part of seoul. yes, both of them were rich, not super wealthy but their bank accounts were loaded. after all, protecting the elites with their lives paid them a hefty amount. 

however, they couldn't afford to splurge on their lifestyle with how much they should avoid being under the spotlight. they had to lay low, keep off of social media, almost practically be a human with no background. most of them entered the industry anyways having no family and friends. 

sunghoon and taehyun had stuck by each other since they were the same age but they did drift apart a little when they were divided into sections that were specialised in different areas. just like everyone else, the only friends they had were themselves and colleagues.