17| the wait was worth it

song: everyday with you –iu

17| the wait was worth it

soompi.com 

choi beomgyu's bodyguard was kang pharmaceutical successor all along? 

kang taehyun is set to marry choi beomgyu this winter. 

twitter.com/koreanupdates 

dispatch @dispatch kang pharmaceutical ceo's hidden first-born kang taehyun set to marry choi beomgyu of choi enterprises. 

sbsnews  @sbsnews kang jonghyun and choi sehun just confirmed their sons' wedding in a week's time. 

taehyun stared at himself in the mirror seeing if anything was out of place. everything had to be perfect. 

is my hair too slick? is my makeup the right shade? is my tie not perfect? 

a warm palm on his shoulder jerked him out of his thoughts. "stop overthinking taehyun-ah. you look just fine," soobin smiled reassuringly. 

soobin and sunghoon were decked in crisp, matching navy suits matching taehyun's navy accents on his white suit. 

"fuck, i can't look 'just fine'. i'm marrying the most perfect man on earth," taehyun muttered as he fiddled with his tie. 

still not perfect. 

sunghoon flicked taehyun's forehead. "stop being a total mess and get ready to walk out calmly. the press is here and they are going to chew you out if you're in this state before you even reach the altar." 

taehyun took a deep breath. i've got this. 

"let's go out there." soobin and sunghoon looked at each other before breaking into full-blown smiles. 

"finally, thought you'd never ask." 

taehyun walked down the aisle into his position in front of the wedding officiant, with his best men sunghoon and soobin standing not too far away from him. taehyun took the time to scan the crowd seating, in the beautifully lit church. 

the evening light poured through the glass panes, lighting the place with a heavenly glow. his eyes fell on his boss jungkook standing in the far corner, in the shadows. their eyes met, a small smile forming on jungkook's face. he bowed slightly in acknowledgement, with jungkook raising his flute of champagne. 

taehyun mouthed, "thank you." 

for a split second, he was distracted by dae-hyun waving at him from the front row. and the minute his eyes flitted back, jungkook was gone. taehyun really was grateful for jungkook, without him he may not be standing here like the man he is today. 

taehyun continued to wave at the few people he knew, flashing smiles to his friends from his university like jung wooyoung and lee jeno who had shown up to his wedding. 

behind him taehyun heard more whispers, turning around his eyes landed on the two new figures standing beside soobin. 

"yeonjun? kai?" 

"you're going to die!" yeonjun mumbled excitedly. 

kai shook his head, "what he means is that you're going to drop dead once you look at beomgyu hyung."