Chapter 4. What now?

'And what am I supposed to do now...?'

The ginger bread, I mean head, thought to himself. Curently he was at Fatui head quarters, Pierro was giving them instructions in The Tsaritsa's behalf.

"So, Tartaglia, you'll be going in Liyue." Pierro said as Childe looked at him, 'That's far... maybe it's better that way. I need to get away from her again...'

He noded his head as Pierro gave others their nations as well. But only after the meeting did he realise he wasn't listening whwn Pierro explained on how to actually get the gnosis out of The Archons body.

Meanwhile with Y/n

I was walking to my mothers Throne Chamber, I made a plan which Harbinger will go where and haven't yet tell her. Neither do I plan to.

As I entered I saw her sitting on her throne with few Cicin mages and agents standing beside her.

I knelt down looking at the ground.
"Greetings mother. May I have a moment of private talk with you?"
I asked.

"Yes, you may. Leave us alone!" she said as she coldly comanded. I hated how she acts towards her people, but I don't have a say in it, she's a literal Archon.

"Dear, you can stand up now." I obliged and my face remained stern.

"The Fatui will begin their mission next week."

"Good."

"And, I also wondered... We know the lord of Geo will defend Liyue and he will honor every contract." I started.

"Yes, what are you suggesting?"

"How about I go there and make a contract with him?"

"And what exactly would that contract be?"

"You can decide of conditions, since I don't have insight in the economics and everything. But I figured it would be the beyt if you stayed here and watch over what the Doctor is doing with the Baladeer."

"Hmm, I  like the idea. But why should I watch over the Doctor?"

"I just have some weird feeling about it."

"I see... you may go to Liyue. If there's nothing more you wan't to discuss, you may leave."

"Understood. Good bye, mother." I kneeled again and then walked away.

3 days later...

I saw Childe on a ship ready to part to Liyue. I quickly sneaked on the ship, he was constantly looking down and I noticed Teucer was there.

I got to my cabin and stayed there after commanding some fatui agents not to disturb me or tell Childe I was here.

We arrived at Liyue late at night and Childe was sleeping like the most of the agents. I took this chance to get off board and try to send a little searching party to figure out my way here.

Maybe I didn't like my mothers way of doing things, but the change of air suited me. So I went through with the plan. I made a few sparrows and squirls out of ice comanding them to split and look for the energy of the gnosis.

I was walking through dark streets of Liyue silently admirering their style. It wasn't long until I felt someones eyes on me and then I felt the link I had with one of my squirls breaking, meaning someone attacked them. By the feeling i got all of that caused one person. And they were behind me on the right.

This wouldn't be the good place to start a fight so I remained steady. The presence behind me was gone and twenty seconds later two of my sparrows also lost their ling with me.

This place wasn't safe, I had to return to Nrthland bank. And few minutes later I entered fatui building, the woman inside gasped surprised.

"Y-Your majesty! Greetings! W-we weren't expecting you to come until the morning.." She said as she bowed her head.

"I decided to come early. Rise your head." she did as comanded" I want you to show me my room and don't tell anyone I'm here, not even the 11th Harbinger. Understood?"

"Yes your majesty." she said walking from behimd the counter and leading me to upper floor.

Childe POV:
.
.
.

Morning came and we were already in Liyue,as I departured from the ship I noticed some agents being shaky or even worried.

But how am I supposed to ask them what's wrong and still keep my strict composure. Until I heard something.

"Are you sure she wasn't aywhere on the ship?" one of them whispered to the other. Perfect chance.

"Oh, so we have an escapee now? Care to explain, now." I looked at them.

"M-master Childe, sir. It's not exactly an escapee-"

"So it's a traitor?"

"No sir."

"Then what is it?"

"I-I deeply apologise sir. But her majesty the Tsaritsa strictly forbid us to tell you anything about it, saying you'll find out when the time comes." He said bowing more down.

Why the hell did thatgot me tinking about Y/n..? Was she planing something..? No, shedoesn't have anything to do with Fatui as much as I know...

I started to head to the Northland bank in Liyue so I could start planing the way to tacke the gnosis.

Y/n POV:

It was 6am and I was already up and ready to go. Childe and other fatui would be arriving here in an hour and then it would be impossible to get out unnoticed.

I felt only one link from last ight still alive. And it found something. Sparrow lead me to one of Liyues restaurants. Sparrow started hopping around a man in brown long suit. He noticed me and brobably recognised who I am.

He motioned me con join him and I sat opposite him.
"Hello there, Y/n. Long time no see. I wouldn't be surprised if you said you don't recognise me."

He said then from his pocked he showed me a little part of something my mother wanted. That was enough for me.

"Yes long time no see.. I suppose you know why I'm here?" I said looking at his eyes, but quickly broke the stare noticing a bush of ginger hair behind him. I covered my face with a fan I putchased earlier.

"You are here because you knew I wouldn't give it up without a deal." he said sipping his tea.

"Yes. I would like to propose a deal. Your gnosis for...."