Chapter 7. Adeptus

I came to Wangshu Inn. The place seemed lively just as he said it would be.

I came to the lady that seemed to be in charge of the place. "Hello.. I'm looking for The Yaksha. How can I get him?"

"Oh you mean Xiao? Well just bring him some Almond tofu, if he's in the mood he'll talk to you. But please be respectful."

"I understand. Thank you."

I walked to the balcony where the infamous Yaksha should be.
"Xiao.. are you here? I brought Almond tofu!" Now, the two of us aren't exactly strangers. Apparently.. he used to babysit me while my mom visited Zhongli. But of course I don't remember that.

"You're back."

It really was him.

"I needed to talk to you."

"I have nothing to gain from this interract-"

"No wait! It's really important."

"... be quick." He finnaly gave in.

"I'm planning on confronting my mom because of her foolish acts. But I can't do that alone.."

"Liyue's dietys have no say over what's happening in Shneznaya."

"I know.. but I just wanted to ask for a blessing. We both know how hard it can be to change the thinking of an Archon."

"Ugh.. fine, you'll get one Sigil pr permission. That's it."

I can't believe he's serious! I knew I could always count on him. I smiled as he handed me a sigil of permission.

"Thank you.. Xiao. I appreciate it."

"Now leave me alone."

"Yes sir." Damn he really is kind of scary.

As I was leaving I noticed some Fatui soliders looking around. I can't afford those useless dumbasses to ruin thus place, Xiao will probably blame it on me..

I walked to them, fixing my composure to strong one. When they spoted me they visible shivered and bowed their heads.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice cold as the tension could be cut with the knife.

"Y-your highness.. master Childe told us to get the sigil of permission from here.." one of them said. Of course Childe would send his subbordinates. This got me an idea.

"I have it right here. Bring it to him, and I don't want to see you here again. Got it?"

"Yes your highness, thank you, please excuse us."

When they ran off I chuckled a little. I wonder if Childe will notice that was the fraud.

I should get going now. I want to look around Liyue before I meet with him again. I also needed to sort out my feelings about him.

-----------------------------------------------------
After some shopping the time to meet with Childe drew nearer and I went to fatui bank to put down things I bought.

It was around 3:45 in the morning and he needed to come meet me at 4:07am in front of the restaurant where I broke down for the first time.

I still don't have my feeling sorted out, and the risk og crying again is higher than I would like. Did he really change in these past few years? I don't know. Would I like to find out? I'm not sure. Do I still want him in my life? I guess.

That's all I know for now.

I didn't like the waitingin the restaurant, it was quiet, since no one was here. I decided to climb on the roof. It took some effort but the view of quiet Liyuean streets is worth it.

"I somehow knew you would be on the roof instead inside like every normal person.." That voice. 

"I guess you still know me." I looked at his eyes, even in the dark I could see them. Scaning my face. Something is different about them. I noticed before, but weren't quite sure.

He lost his spark. The one thing I loved the most in his eyes. He turned out to be like everybody else.

He was the first person I ever met to have a spark of hope in his eyes. But it's gone.

Somebody stole it from him, from me. He sat down and noticed my sad expession.

"What's wrong, bookwarm?" He tried to laugh it off... I do want him in my life.

"I don't know.." I looked back at the streets of Liyue.

"Yes, you do.. Spill it out silly."He said taping my shoulder. He hasn't changed.

I laughed a little. "I missed you.."

"I missed you too. " He smiled again, looking down at the streets as well "But we both know that's not what's bothering you, my lady." After all these years, he can still read my every emotion, can't he?

I remained silent hoping he'll let go of the topic even though I wanted to discuss it further.

"I broight you something." He changed the topic and started speaking. "Unfortunately they don't have any tulips for sale, so I hope tulip earings are fine as well." He pulled out and opened a small box revealing a pair of beautiful golden and red earings with little tulips as details on them.

I felt myself smiling as I took them in my hands. "Thank you, they are beautiful."

He noded and scooted a little closer, I wasn't complaining. I liked his company, even in silence, just being with him brought me peace. I didn't have to pretend to be strong, or strict, he knew the real me already.

And that scares me.