Chapter 5. Tears and memories

Y/n POV

It's been few days since I arrived at Liyue. I still kept away from Childe, that won't last long tho.

I was glad that deal with Zhongli went well. Childe probably won't like it. But I also didn't like it when I found out he broke our promise.

I saw getting ready to meet him today. Zhongli helped me to give him the message to meet me here.

We were supposed to meet at Liuli pavilion. I reserved whole upper floor so the two of us wouldn't be desturbed.

I sat down and I didn't have to wait for long. Not even 5 minutes after Childe came in in all his glory, but when I turned to face him. His face turned into pure shock.

"Y-your highness.. may I sak what brings you here..?" he said bowing hus head.

I chuckled. "First, take a seat, then we'll order, and when food comes I'll tell you." I said as he took a sead opposite me.

Soon we both took our orders and whenthey came Chide looked at me with look waiting for some answers.

"You're here because we still have a conversation from few days ago to end." I said as I felt him stiffen up.

"Oh... pardon me princess, but it seems I've forgotten what was that conversation about."

"It was about 'the story telling princesss'. Tuecer told me I used to read stories to his brother. But only person to whom I've read stories deid, or so I assumed couse one day he dissapeared and broke our promise." I said as I watched anunfamiliar look in his eyes.

"I'm deeply sorry about my brother Tuecer, my lady. But he sometimes likes to iagine things that aren't true.." He tried to escape from my next question.

"Hm, if that's so... mind telling be about bookwarm nickname you gave me,before Tuecer told me anything?"

This time he had broken look in his eyes as I gave him the room to speak.

"I'm really sorry." was all he managed to say.

"Not enough."

"I'll answer all your questions truthfully. What do you want to kniw?" That was better.

"Is it really you..?" I asked, my voice came out softer than I wanted.

"...yes." As he answered, my breath hitched. After all thlse years, my best friend, the person who made me laugh, the person who abandoned me, is here.

"Why..."

"I never planed on leaving.."

"Why?"

He tried to answer but I just couldn't control myself anymore. My teats betrayed me and I started crying.

"Why!? Why!? Why!? Why!?!?" I yelled as I got up but fell down to my knees. This looked pathetic.

I continued crying as I felt someone huging me. Childe brought me to his chest and tried to comfort me but.

"No stay away you liar!" I pulled away still crying. I saw worry in his eyes as he tried to reach for me again, but I slapped his hand away and turned around tryimg to colect myself.

Then he huged me again from behind and I couldn't get away this time.

I felt his breats on my ear trying co calm me down, and I hate to admit that it worked.

"Y/n... please turn around..." He whispered as I obedey and huged him, still afraid to look into his eyes.

I showed my head in the crock of his neck as I felt more tears coming out.

Why was I like this..!? I promised not to cry in front of him! I had to show him I'm strong! But why dous this feel so right..?

"Speak." I said as hard as I could although it probably sounded to weak to be even the slight bit intimidating.

"Two days before I was supposed to come to you again. I fell into a very dark place, full of monsters. I don't know how but I was able to defeat them and then I met a lady who gace me my vision and trained me for three moths. Of course, she beat me up. But the strange detail is, I was there for three months, yet everyone said I was missing for only three days. But... one thing is for sure, that experience changed me. I'm not sure if it's in a gold or bad way, probably bad since they sent me to fatui to control my new found blood thirst."

"Is that why you never came back..? Because fatui kept you busy so you forgot about me..?" I asked still in his embrace, something provided me of leting him go, as long as he didn't complain I decided to stay like that.

"That's partly it. I did try to get to you few times but you weren'tin that chamber anymore, and while I was trying to find you I almost got cought and we know what happens when fatui dissobey their orders."

"Wht about when you became a harbinger then!?" I was pesistant with a slight anger now bilding in me.

"I'm not supposed to really talk to you, considering my ranking..."

"Then at least talk to me now! Do you have any idea of how sad I was.I felt betrayed by first friend I've ever had!"

"Well, I wanted to talk to my bookwarm... but it seems she switched into crying moster.." He said as i could hear slight irony in his fake cries.

"All this time I thought you died or got borred of me..." I whispered trying to control myself from another breakdown. His hands running circles on my back.

"Wanna try again as friends.. If it's possible that is.." He whispered in my ear as I nodded.

We stayed like that, I probably fell asleep because next thing I knew I was laying in a bed in Northland bank.

As I looked around I saw Childe's uniform on the chair and heard a shower running. As I got up I saw I was still in my clothes, good.. Otherwise I would've killed that perv.

I got up and wrote a note to him, to test how well he listened to me while I read those stories, and to see if he truly cared.

'In the dawn of the 4th day, the little solider decided to  surprise the Indian girl by bringing her tulips, her favourite flowers. The previous night he told the young girl to meet him where they first met at exactly 7 pm so they wouldn't be seen by anyone.'

I left the letter and went outside, comnding fatui soliders to not speak of my doings to Childe. My word was still stronger then his so they need to prioritise my commands.

I left the Fatui bank and set off to Wangshu Inn to meet a certain Adeptus that Re- I mean Zhongli told me about.