Chapter 23

"Where are we?" I ask Jack.

After we escaped our mom's, Jack and I dropped our getaway driver off at her house.

Now, it was Jack driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat. I had no idea where Jack was driving.

We passed by lots of green and trees. We were out of town and in some forest. For all I knew, Jack was taking me out here to murder me.

"No, I'm not going to murder you," Jack laughs, causing me to jump.

"Mind reader," I mutter, causing him to laugh harder.

"You sure do have a creative mind, blondie," He chuckles.

"Where are we?" I ask, changing the subject.

"You'll see," He smirks.

A few minutes later, Jack stops the car. He gets out and I follow.

"We have to walk a little bit," Jack says.

I sigh and follow him down a dirt path. We walked deeper and deeper into the green forest. It was kinda creepy in here.

I pull a jair of honey out of my hoodie pocket because I'm hungry. I open the jar and scoop some yummy honey into my mouth.

Jack turns around when I have a handful of gooey honey in my mouth.

"What the hell? Why do you have honey?" He scrunches up his eyebrows in confusiment.

I shug, "I'm hungry."

Jack shakes his head and continues walking. I'm about to follow him when I hear a noise.

I hear crunching leaves and loud footsteps.

"Jack stop," I whisper to him.

He does and the noise continues.

"What?" He asks.

"Do you hear that?" I ask, panicking.

"Hear what -"

All of a sudden, a giant black bear comes out of the darkness of the forest.

It was huge, and very scary. A freaking black bear was standing right in front of me.

Before I can scream, a hand covers my mouth. Jack slowly guides me away from the bear. He gently shoves me behind a tree.

"Stay quiet," He whispers, his hand still covering my mouth.

I'm freaking out because I will probably get eaten by a bear any minute now.

"Why did you have to bring that honey," Jack says lowly, eyeing the jar of honey in my hand.

Slowly, he takes the honey out of my hand and puts it on the ground.

"OOGOGA BOOGA!" A voice screams.

Jack and I both turn our heads to see a random India man with no shirt on and dirt splattered on his face, attacking the bear.

The India man who probably lives in this forest, drop kicks the bear across the forest.

"OOGOGA BOOGA DOO!" The man screams. He then winks and me and Jack, he then runs away.

"What the hell just happened," Jack and I say at the same time.