A Family of Red

Ring Ring Do You Hear?

The Sound Of Someone Waiting

Don't Open The Door

Xavier began to wonder how old this town was. Was it once just village of wooden buildings and families all bound together by the need of survival? Was it founded recently with brick and stone? What kind of history did this place have? How many innocent lives were stolen? How many spared?

Walking down the sidewalk, Xavier began to inspect the passing buildings and landmarks. The old fountain that seemed to work some days but not others. The park that was surrounded by a waist high chain linked fence. The post office that held only two rooms. The library that needed a new coat of paint and some guests. Even the town hall that also acted as the courthouse and the public records office.

The chill air only added to the sense of surrealism that the boy felt. It was like he was walking through a ghost town, haunted by the souls of those left behind in time. Every step he took felt a another step into the sinking dirt that would eventually claim him and add him to it's twisted myriad of broken hearts and shattered dreams. He could feel each step getting heavier.

The first day of school was over. For that he was thankful. But that only meant he had to do it all over again tomorrow. And the day after that. He was still unsure about this Ruby girl and why she had seemingly taken an interest in him. What did she see? No one else spoke to him, so why did she? It didn't make any sense and he was starting to get bothered by it.

Maybe it would be best if he didn't think about it. And he would like not to. Looking across the street made it hard to do.

On the otherside of the road was Ruby and the other girl he had seen earlier. They must be sisters, Xavier concluded. They didn't speak to each other. They didn't even seem to care if the other existed. It was truly an odd sight, but he figured that was just how some siblings are. He couldn't relate due to being an only child, but he was sure there was a reason for it.

They seemed close in age too. Definitely not the ideal situation.

Carmen: I hate walking.

Xavier felt his ears perk up at the sound of one of them talking. He risked a glance, only to lock eyes with the younger sister. He quickly snapped his focus back to in front of himself.

Carmen: I wish Y/N was back already. I miss his car more than I thought I would.

Y/N? Who was that? Maybe her boyfriend? Or just a friend? She spoke with such familiarity, so he was close to them for sure.

What did it even matter? He barley knew these two. He didn't even know the other girl's name. It wasn't any of his business.

Ruby: Hey!

Xavier stopped walking. She wasn't talking to him, right? There was no way.

Ruby: Xavier!

She was. He looked across the street to see both sisters looking at hum. He nervously stood there before he waved back. Something he would come to regret when Ruby suggested he go along with her and Carmen.

5-6. They're apartment seemed bigger than his own and it had actually furniture. A couch with a table and a TV.

The first thing Xavier noticed was how red it was. The walls were painted a deep crimson color with a mahogany couch and red lamps. Near the table was a single window where he could see the storm rolling in. It was going to be a rough one.

The second thing he realized was the smell. Pasta. Smelt like spaghetti to be exact. A tomato sauce over homemade noodles crafted by the mother, Xavier assumed.