144

The Wolf Bares His Fangs

The Woodsman Strikes First Blood

Little Red Is Now Scared

Hunter grunted with every swing of the ax. The crushing sound of bone and flesh filed the empty air as the rain fell around him. The empty hole nearby was waiting to be filled by it's new resident. A body to feed it's soil to give new life to the land.

Blood stained his boots and hands, but he was more focused on finishing this as quickly as he could. It was only a matter of time before someone arrived.

He stopped long enough to look back to Carmen who was still holding herself while she covered her ears. She was still trembling. He couldn't tell if it was from the cold, or from the events that had unfolded. He closed his eyes before he tossed the ax down. He kneeled down and began to push the pieces of the man into the hole with the shovel he had found in the shed.

He had killed a man. He dismembered him and now he was burying him. Did he have a family? Was there someone out there who will look for him? Kids? Wife? Sisters or brothers? Parents? He was once his age.

Hunter dropped the shovel, then he dropped to his knees. The turning stomach produced vomit that spilled onto the dirt. He heaved the more he thought about what he had done.

There were two broken kids among the trees. The third was being treated at the hospital with a messed up leg. You were relieved to learn that Ruby was mostly okay. You had met the Reds in the waiting room where you gave them the good news. Well, the news that their sister would be fine for the most part.

Their mother had hurried home to get some things since she would be staying overnight with Ruby. You would have to wait yet another day to meet momma Red.

Scarlet: How did this happen?

You both sat next to each other as the night finally fully grasped the town. The moon hung high behind the clouds as the flash storm passed by. You weren't sure what to tell her. It was the man's fault, of course, but you had no real way to tell her without making her want to go after him.

Y/N: They said there was a race. She got lucky.

Scarlet's face was unreadable. This was a bit of a surpise since you could usually read her like a book. Was it worry? Anger? Frustration? Relief? What was going on in her mind?

Scarlet: William.

You were now even more confused.

Y/N: Who's William?

Scarlet looked at you like you had asked a weird question. It was then that she realized that you had met the man, but never learned his name.

Scarlet: William is the man who Ruby hangs around. The blonde guy.

His name is William? That was a bit of a surpise. You would have never guessed.

Scarlet: He had to have been involved. I can't believe him.

You knew what she meant. It seemed like he was a dark cloud that followed the Reds like a disease. You let out a yawn and Scarlet realized just how tired you were. She nudged your arm and offered you a bit of her coffee. You smiled and took it.