Just A While Longer

.....
.......
.....

Your apartment smelt new. It wasn't something you were exactly proud of, but it was clear that no one had been living here for a while. Though, you also couldn't really say that it had been abandoned. Against your protests out of concern for her own health, Scarlet had been keeping your apartment clean. She would come in every two weeks.

But, you couldn't lie and say you didn't miss your bed.

Y/N: I've missed you.

You laid face down on your bed while Mizuno slept on his own bed in the corner of the room. You rolled over onto your back and looked at the girl who was watching you from the doorway.

Scarlet had her fist covering her mouth to hide her laugh. She liked seeing you like this. It broke the facade that you were some mysterious person. You were just a person.

Scarlet: Comfortable?

You smiled.

Y/N: Why don't you come see for yourself?

Scarlet was tempted, truly she was, but she had a guest with her sisters and she was sure you were tired. Besides, she wouldn't be able to stop herself, and neither would you.

Scarlet: Maybe later. Are you hungry? I made some spaghetti for the others.

However, she would receive no answer. You were already fast asleep with your face buried in a pillow. She smile only grew as she approached you and leaned down to plant a gentle kiss on your head. She began to brush it with her fingers.

Scarlet: Welcome back, Woodie.

She pulled away and, after debating joining you, she left the room, wishing Mizuno well on her way out. She then tracked through your apartment and back into the hallway, before returning to her own home. She found Xavier still sitting in the couch, now watching a movie the girls had put on, and smiled. She liked seeing Ruby make actual friends.

But, Xavier had other thoughts on his mind. Namely what to do about you. You were a possible threat, but it didn't seem like it. The way the girls reacted to seeing you told him that they cared deeply for you. Especially Scarlet. So why did the man ask him to keep an eye on you? What could you do to hurt these girls?

Why would you hurt these girls?

Carmen: You okay?

Xavier didn't even notice he was tapping his foot until he stopped. He slowly lifted his head and looked at the older Red sister. Seeing her this close Xavier couldn't help but stare. She was beautiful. She was also out of his reach. A perfect gem that was behind a panel of glass.

Still, she had asked him a question.

Xavier: Yeah. It's just.....

He wouldn't be able to just tell her why he was here. Why he was curious about this neighbor of theirs. He needed answers, however, so he chose his words carefully. Xavier looked over his shoulder at Scarlet who was humming to herself with a smile. She was definitely glowing now.

Xavier: What's the deal with her and that guy? Are they dating?

Carmen's grin grew in a way that made Xavier think of a clown. Her eyes even seemed brighter.

Carmen: Well, not officially. But, they're totally together.

She then nudged the young boy.

Carmen: So if you're trying for my sister, you better watch out.