||Honour||

A/N

This is not the last chapter, guys. I ended up splitting it in half. It's not over yet!

~

Primrose POV

"Princess, are you dressed yet? You have to meet all the guests by sun fall."

My eyes were wide, reflecting the frazzled state that I could clearly see in the large bathroom mirror.

"U-Uh..y-yes! I am. I'm just on the toilet." The words spilled over my lips in a disorderly fashion, giving away the complete disorientation that had my mind muddled.

"Alright, princess...Remember we're here to help if you need it."

The soft voice of one of the ladies who were meant to help me get ready fell on deaf ears as I hurriedly slapped body butter on my skin, then oil, then a fragranced balm and all of the other products that had been gifted to me by my new community.

Azrael had left me hours ago to complete his 'Kingly' duties and had told me numerous times about how important it was that I be his good girl and listen to the ladies who were going to help me prepare for the crowning ceremony.

I did intend on following instructions, truly. But what I didn't expect was to take a long, long nap and to be awoken by knocks on the door. And instead of answering said knocks...which I should have...I grabbed the dress that I was already supposed to be wearing and locked myself in the bathroom, bringing me to where I am right now.

I slipped on the evening gown and did a little spin: I would never grow tired of how the fabric in this world danced and weaved between my legs and caressed my skin.

I faced the mirror once again with a smile on my face, although it dimmed slightly when I caught sight of my hair.

"Noo" I whined as I pulled at the wild tresses. There was no way I would be able to handle it myself, not unless I was to stay in the bathroom until the following morning.

Reluctantly I shuffled closer to the locked bathroom door and sighed, my hand resting on the doorknob as I built the courage to twist it open and face the team of women who had gathered in the room to get me ready.

"I...I need some help with my hair." I murmured timidly as I pushed the door open.

As I finally lifted my head to see who stood in front of me, my eyes skimmed from left to right, brightening when they landed on the third woman I'd grown quite fond of.

"Of course, Princess. Come with us."

The women scurried over, one holding the long train of my dress, the other holding a basket full of beauty items and the third, Astrid, came to gingerly link her arm with mine so that she could escort me outside of the room.

"Where are we going?" I asked in confusion as they led me outside of Azrael's room.

As we walked down the hallway, my head flashed back when I noticed a group of men walking by us in the direction we just came, although they were carrying empty boxes.

"We're taking you to the Royal Quarters, Princess. It's where you'll be staying from now on."

I couldn't help the downturn of my lips at the news and an uncomfortable shiver trailed down my spine. I was moving into the room once occupied by the King and his wife. While I knew the circumstances and have reluctantly come to understand my mate's actions, I still couldn't shake the feeling of it being wrong.