Part two

When Giyuu finally meets up with Himejima, he only offers a nod in response to a brief greeting. And it's only a second before Giyuu reminds himself Himejima is blind and quickly mutters out a polite greeting of his own.

Their journey is silent, save for the shrill squawking of their birds, and Himejima's constant prayers as he rolls his beads in between his hands.

But there is one point where Giyuu's crow gets tired and descends, landing in the cusp of one of Himejima's hands. Himejima continues to look forward, but a large finger reaches up to stroke over the elderly crow's head.

"Namu, cute...Namu, cute..." the crow let's out pleased chirps at the gentle treatment, eyes falling shut.

Giyuu has to look up, and I mean, really look up because Himejima is huge to watch the way his crow relaxes in the Stone Pillar's hold. It's not every day Giyuu sees someone else handling his bird in such a careful way, and for some reason, a content feeling settles in his gut. Any sort of tension he may have felt washes away. And Giyuu has to remind himself not to panic when noticing the fat trails of tears cascading down the giant's face. It's just something Himejima does, for no reason at all, it's basically like a hobby to him.

Giyuu envies that, oh how he wishes he could be as open as the older man. Cry whenever he wants, he's sure his tear ducts must be close to bursting at this point.

Eventually when he's had enough, Giyuu's crow flies from Himejima's hand and back into the sky. And it's the Stone Pillar's own crow who announces that they've reached their destination
Word count 289