3 days before (Updated)

Chapa was in the back of the car with her little sister Sage who was sitting in her old car seat, Chapa was so happy she outgrew that thing, car seats were always so uncomfortable to her.

As they sat in the car driving who knows where with her mom in the driver's seat and her dad in the passenger suddenly Her and her sister's favorite song began to play, It was the song let it go from the Movie frozen that had come out a few years ago.

"Sissy Sissy it's our song " Sage pointed out excitedly "Mommy turn it up please" to Chapa's request her mom turned up the song and the two kids began to sing it loudly.

"LET IT GOOOO LET IT GOO CANT HOLD IT BACK ANYMOREEEEEE!"

Soon their parents join in and they were all singing along to the song on the radio. But suddenly the smell of booze hit Chapa's nose, it smelled so bad she had to try to block the smell, and soon the sound of music turned into yelling from the front seat.

"YOU CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS"

"I AM DOING THE BEST TO PROVIDE FOR THIS FAMILY WHILE YOU SIT ON YOUR ASS ALL DAY WOMEN"

"I GO TO WORK! I HAVE A JOB I HAVE TO LEAVE THE KIDS WITH AUNT CAROL ALL DAY "

"OH I'M SURE IF YOU HAD CHAPA WATCH HER SISTER FOR A FEW HOURS SHE'LL BE FINE"

"SHE IS ONLY EIGHT YEARS OLD YOU CANT LET A CHILD WATCH A FOUR-YEAR-OLD! WE ARE THE PARENTS NOT HER!"

Chapa could hear Sage crying and tried to comfort her "hey, hey is okay Sage here hold on" She quickly grabbed her phone and headphones, looked for the movie frozen, and started playing it for her little Sister hoping it would drown out the noise.

her yelling and fighting soon turned violent when her dad started hitting her moms arm, wanting to avoid a crash she quickly jumped into acting. As fast as she could she unbuckled her seat belt and tried to block her dad's slaps "STOP STOP!" she yelled in terror. She was suddenly grabbed by her dad harshly

"DONT GET IN THE WAY OF ME AND YOUR MOTHER DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!" she could smell the alcohol from his breath, little Chapa did her best to repress a gage. She got a good look at her dad's eyes they almost looked yellow and he had dark bags under his eyes. She watched as he lifted his hand "DADDY NO" she yelled followed by a "MOMMY WATCH OUT!" coming from the back seat she looked outside to see that the car was running straight for a pole before she could see anything else everything went black.

___

Chapa's eyes shot open she woke up feeling a cold sweat all over her body, she quickly processed what happened and she suddenly felt overwhelming anxiety almost like paranoia, the quiet was making it worse. She grabbed her phone and headphones and started playing music to calm herself down.

After about 30 minutes she was able to calm down and her adrenaline stopped running she could feel the burning coming from her arm, but did her best to ignore it. She checked the time it read 4:00, she groaned into her pillow. Her mom had come home around 11 and Chapa had already made dinner and put Sage to bed. She welcomed her mom home and then went to bed where she lay awake for 2 hours before going to sleep.

Chapa knew she would be awake for the next 2 hours so she decided to kill time by deciding what she would wear for the next few weeks and make sure it was good enough to hide what she had done and what she was going to do.

As she did that she thought back to the conversation she had with her friends. I can't believe I told them all of that, I would have had to tell them eventually but I was hoping to keep it a secret for a bit longer.