Chapter 7: Thoughts

So it's been 2 days since our last date with killua, and surprisingly me and him have been talking and seeing each other non-stop.

We have been on a couple more dates and even had good conversations.

Things were going great and now whenever I receive a text from him my stomach would catch butterflies, my cheeks would go red, and my heart would pound loudly.

I started to grow an attachment to him. Wanting to talk to him and be around him more often. I never thought I would feel that way for him ever.

But even though I have these feelings for him I feel as if he's hiding something from me. Something that seems big, but I don't know. It might just be me over-thinking everything.

Even though he's so kind to me I just can't shake this feeling off. But being the idiot I am I played right into his arms.

-at work-

The sound of blenders could be heard throughout the entire cafe as me and another two co-workers try to work as fast as we could to get them their drinks.

This place has been quite now crowded, ever since the incident with killua showing up here in person. Know I can't relax at my own job.

"One order of cappuccino and a stuffed bagel!"

One worker shouted out as then a customer picked up their order and left.

"This day is really tiring right gon?"

"Yeah it totally is"

"Honestly ever since that famous dude showed up here, we have to work twice as much as we did before and it really sucks"

"Well at least we get some type of business"

Another co-worker said to both me and Spencer.

"And you're fine with that Mavis?"

"Yeah I'm fine working a little bit more than usual no big deal really"

"You're a work-aholic you know that right"

"Whatever you say Spencer"

"Okay guys how about we stop chatting and start working"

I would say as I pat them both on the shoulder.

"Fine."

I smile as we then all went back to work and continued making drinks and pastries.

-End of shift-

It was 7:30 pm and we were closing up the shop. Mavis had clocked out earlier than me and Spencer so we ended up closing the shop.

Just as I was about to go to my cat I was stopped by Spencer.

"Hey gon can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Yeah, sure, what's up"

"I have a question."

"Okay...what is your question?"

"So what is your experience on relationships?"

"Uhhh...ahaha, to be honest not much. Never once been in a relationship"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, not joking man"

"Dammit!"

Spencer said in a somewhat frustrated tone.

"But I can give you my own thoughts about it"

"But it's no help if you haven't been in one"

He said whining a bit before agreeing to listen to my thoughts.