17

"Josh, you prick- get to D-wing lockers right fucking now- Freya's picking a fight with Valerie!" My dazed state was broken as Vik grabbed my arm, Ethan besides him, as he began jogging down the corridor, his tight grip on my forearm pulling me to the scene.

The information hit me like a bucket of ice, shocking each of my senses. I gulped to swallow the saliva that had crowded my mouth, worrying about what was happening from the little knowledge Vik had shared.

Freya wouldn't really fight her, right? At least not fist fight... Maybe yell, but that could easily be resolved. I didn't know what or if Valerie had done anything, but I had a feeling Valerie didn't deserve anything Freya was going to throw at her. Valerie was too good a person- what could she have done wrong to piss Freya off?

Why are you worried more about Valerie than your own girlfriend?
We know you have a crush but that doesn't mean you need to be a prick too...
You're probably the reason they're fighting, problematic asshole
As if they'd even fight over someone as meaningless as you, Joshua, don't be so egotistical

I battled with the voices in my head, trying to shove them to the back of my mind and tell them to shut up, though they came in heavy blows, and caused my nerves to shoot through the roof as I rounded the corner- Ethan pushing around the throng of people that had formed a crowd- and allowing Vik and I to follow until we could look over the heads of some people, and see the situation in the middle.

"YOU FOUL, FUCKING BITCH, VALERIE!" Freya screamed, enunciating each of her words with a bang elicited from her hand slamming against a locker. 

Valerie stood opposite the raging blonde, eyes large and Josh could see a reflection in them; tears. 

"HOW DARE YOU TRY AND STEAL MY BOYFRIEND- HOW DARE YOU TAKE HIM TO YOUR PLACE, YOU FUCKING RAT!" Freya enunciated her screams with a heavy push against Valerie's collarbone, sending the poor girl hurtling into the lockers behind her. My mouth fell open, eyes widening as I felt the sickly feeling of eyes of those in the crowd turn to me, whispers and glares suffocating me. I took a step forwards, getting ready to split them up and tell my girlfriend himself that Valerie and him had done nothing- until it hit me like a brick.

She had seen Valerie leaving school with me the other day. 

Of course! Her form room faced the exit of the school- she would've seen Valerie pulling me along, leading me to her home after I had been battered. And now it was her paying the price for her kindness and my naivety...

"YOU KNEW I WAS DATING HIM! I MADE SURE YOU KNEW IT, I MADE IT SO CLEAR WE WERE TOGETHER-"

"Freya, I did nothing with him, I promise-" Valerie's cried were cut short as Freya's arm swung forwards, hand harshly slapping Valerie's soft skin and eliciting a harsh slap sound that made the crowd watching ooooo as Valerie's head jolted to the side.

I gasped and tried to get through the throng of people- separate the two and stop the madness, not wanting to see Valerie get hurt anymore. 

Valerie stood, back to the locker, hand pressed against a cheek which was growing redder by the second, a singular clear stream rolling down her cheek and soothing the burn. Her lips were parted in shock and terror, and brows pulled tight in a look of innocence. Though Freya didn't buy it.

"Why the fuck did you do it, huh, Valerie?" Freya questioned maniacally with a laugh. "Why'd you try take my boyfriend? Was it because you don't like me? Because you're jealous?" Though her smile vanished from her face and was replaced with a scowl as she hissed the next part. "Or was it just because you're that much of a fucking skank, you couldn't help yourself-"