twenty four - my damn knee

trigger warning : sexual assault mentions
not harsh or graphic just light

"Here!" I smile at Dylan as I take the chicken nuggets I made out of the oven because I assume that's what kids like.

Roman glances over from where he was sitting on the counter, his arms crossed next to Dylan. Who was in fact, as horrible as the come. But I was trying.

"Im twelve, I don't eat that sh-." Dylan looks over at Roman and doesn't finish his sentence. "That stuff."

"Who doesn't eat these?" I say taking on off of the tray and trying it. Decent. I hold it out to Roman who tries it and shrugs. So expressive.

"Me." Dylan sighs, "Can we cut the crap? I don't want to be here, you two don't want me here so can I just go?"

"No." Roman said taking another one off the tray. HA HA HA I KNEW HE liked them. Who wouldn't? I shoot him a knowing look, before calmly saying, "Where do you need to go so bad?"

"My friends are all hanging out and i'm stuck here with you two." Dylan states annoyed like this was the worst possible thing that was happening to him.

"Romans fine, but you are annoying me." He adds as if the bullet wasn't already delivered.

This is why I hate children.

Roman slightly chuckles and then tries to hide it and I flick him off right in front of the kid.

"Calm your five foot ass down." I say grabbing orange juice because I thought Dylan would like it and I AM TRYING. THIS IS ME TRYING.

"I am 5'3." Dylan says matter of factly while eating my chicken nuggets.

"Same thing."

"No its not, I bet your 5'4 and think your the shit." Dylan delivers.

"I am actually 5'7 and i've been the shit."

"Im going to tell my mom you cursed at me."

"Fuck you." I push the glass of orange juice towards him and hand it to Roman, "Don't drink from the top."
I am like a mother.

"You really want to help me Liliana?" Dylan raises his eyes and I want to smack this kid, "Help is a little extreme, i'm just trying to pass time."

"Can I call my friends over?" Dylan groans into the table and I look at Roman, because it was technically his house.

"How many?" Roman asks on his like eight chicken nugget. Hes just like me.

"Two."

Fucking. Lying. Little. SHIT.

"I know you're lying because I would use that same trick on my mom." I raise my eyebrows at him across the counter, "Never say two say three, it's more believable."

"Well I bet your mom never cared like you do right now." The stupid ass kid snapped back.

"She actually used to slam my head into a wall till the plaster cracked."

Silence as they both look at me, eyes wide.

"Um." Dylan paused then decide to stay quiet.

I slightly smile because their reactions were funny, "It's fine she's dead now."

"Did you kill her?"