Chapter Three

Miss Jenn:
"So, the next morning in our decrepit rat palace of a motel, I was awakened by a call from Mr. Eduardo. He instructed me and the class to come to the House and bring all of our luggage. That's when we were officially introduced to Juliet and El-J."

-----------------------

The House of Blues establishment was closed that morning when Miss Jenn and the Wildcats arrived. Juliet and El-J waited along their vehicle – a decommissioned 2010 Ford Crown Victoria EX-40 police car that had their band logo imprinted on the driver and passenger side doors. This vehicle was their Bluesmobile, or a new-age version of the one their father and uncle once drove, forty years ago.

 This vehicle was their Bluesmobile, or a new-age version of the one their father and uncle once drove, forty years ago

Juliet and El-J sat upon the hood of their Bluesmobile as cool as they could be. Their arms were crossed and their faces came off as stoic and expressionless, partially due to the sunglasses that obscured their eyes.

Eduardo happily stepped out of the House, once Miss Jenn and the Wildcats pulled up in their shuttle bus. "Fantástico! You muchachos and muchachas made it!" He moved in close to his niece and nephew and quickly switched to business mode. "Juliet and El-J have agreed to a one night only performance at your school for the procurement of the 10Gs, once the show's finished."

"Deal," Miss Jenn agreed, much to the discomfort of her students. "Are we all ready to leave for the airport?"

"Oh, mi amor, I'm afraid there's been a mistake," Eduardo said. "I'm the only one takin' a flight to your neck of the woods in Salt Lake City. Juliet and El-J are drivin' back there with you and your estudiantes."

Needless to say, Miss Jenn and the students were less than thrilled to hear this.

"You're joking, right?" E.J. asked.

"That's a whole day's drive!" Ashlyn indicated.

"Yeah, and there are only three days left to prepare for the show," Kourtney added.

"No drive, no gig," Juliet established, her Chicago accent heavily detectable.

This only pressured Miss Jenn to agreeing to these terms. "Alright!" she blurted in her frustration.

"Muy bien!" Eduardo acknowledged, just as a taxicab rolled up. "I'll see you amigos in Salt Lake tomorrow!" He got into the back of the cab and rode away, leaving Miss Jenn and the Wildcats with the Blues.

There was awkward silence for nearly a whole minute before Miss Jenn finally asked Juliet and El-J, "So, how do you both intend on getting all of us back to Salt Lake in your little car?"

Juliet's face twitched. She leaned over to her brother and whispered, "Did this witch just call the Bluesmobile a 'little car'?" El-J merely nodded in reply.