Chapter Six

Miss Jenn: "With just half an hour until showtime, we utilized what little we had left in preparations. Thankfully, Mr. Eduardo was a great deal of help...unlike a certain someone who shall not be named...yet."

----------------------------

            The massive crowd outside the East High auditorium was finally allowed in. There was barely much space for all of the Blues Brothers fans, waiting to witness the performance of El-J and Juliet. Mike Bowen was among them, although he had special access backstage, a perk to being the father of one of the "producers."

            "Ricky," he cheerfully called his son.

            Hearing his father's voice, Ricky was elated to see him after so many days on the road. He immediately went in for a hug that lasted longer than either man allotted. "You made it," Ricky smiled.

            "Of course, I did!" Mike beamed. "You guys actually did it! You got the Blues Brothers back!"

            "More like we got their kids back," Ricky clarified halfheartedly.

            "Hey, a next-gen version is even better than the O.G.'s," Mike told his son. "People have been waiting years for this. I'm really proud of you...all of you." His praise was overheard by Miss Jenn and the rest of the Drama club, filling them with immense gratitude and also relief.

            However, the heartwarming moment was dashed just as Acting Principal Bluth stormed in and screamed, "WE ARE ROYALLY FUCKED!!!"

            His outburst baffled Miss Jenn and her students. "What? What happened?"

            "Ask him," Bluth furiously motioned to a guilty-looking Mr. Mazzara, who walked in behind him.

            "I...had your performers arrested," Mazzara disclosed.

            This news was met with overwhelming criticism from Miss Jenn and the Drama club, all of whom spouted their contempt for Mr. Mazzara's actions all at once. "Not only did you go behind Mr. Bluth's back, you may have also put the show and the school's reputation at risk!" Miss Jenn told him.

            "I had the school's reputation at heart when I did what I did," Mazzara said in his defense. He then shamefacedly professed, "But, I must admit that, in analyzing the positive feedback this year's 'End of the School Year' program has generated in the last twenty-four hours, I made a miscalculation on my part."

--------------------------

Miss Jenn: "In his basic STEM jargon, he was saying 'I'm sorry'. I've gotten to know Ben long enough to listen closely for the actual meaning of his words."

---------------------------

            "We'll accept your apology as soon as we've bailed the Blues out of jail and got them back here," Miss Jenn declared before turning to Mike and requesting, "Can you drive me to the station?"

            "Yes, of course," Mike stepped up.

            "I'm going with you guys," Ricky insisted.

            "Me, too," Nini joined him.

            "No," Miss Jenn denied. "I need you both to stay here and help out with the show."

            "What show?!" Kourtney hopelessly inquired. "Our starring act is in jail!"

            "Kourtney, mi amor, have faith," Eduardo reassured. "Ricky and Nini, you chicos go and help your maestra. We've got this."