Chapter Four

During his 3rd period prep, East High's STEM teacher, Benjamin Mazzara, had stepped out of the teacher's lounge with a fresh hot cup of coffee, when he discovered a random stranger roaming the school grounds. He was a middle-aged Latino man in a black suit and tie with a matching fedora. Of course, the one thing Mr. Mazzara didn't see on him was a visitor badge.

            "May I help you?" he asked the trespasser.

            The man sharply turned and faced Mazzara with an overfriendly disposition. "Que paso, mi amigo!" he exclaimed in his Spanish tongue. He then switched to English and said, "I'm lookin' for Mr. Bluth."

            His suspicions heightened, Mazzara pressed the stranger, "What business do you have with Acting Principal Bluth, sir?"

            "I always like to survey the venue before the show."

            "And to what show are you specifically referring?"

            The stranger chuckled. "You mean you don't know? Man! We got to do something about the promotion – get the folks in this town, especially the Mormons, to show up when the curtain opens!"

            His patience wearing thin, Mazzara put his foot down. "Sir, I'm gonna have to ask for you to—"

            "Eduardo, my man!" Suddenly, Principal Bluth appeared from around the corner.

            The stranger, whose name Mazzara learned to be "Eduardo," rushed up to the acting principal and both men embraced each other like old friends – much to Mazzara's immediate confusion. "I was just talking with this guy here," Eduardo gestured to Benjamin. "He didn't even know about the show, bro!"

            "Yeah, yeah, I'm workin' on that," Bluth reassured. "Got some top brass on it right now. In the meantime, let's walk through the auditorium where the kids will be performing, huh?"

            "Uh, Principal Bluth?" Mazzara beckoned before the men left. "What exactly is going on here? Are Miss Jenn and the Drama club doing another show?"

            "Yep, they sure are," Bluth verified. "It was supposed to be a surprise for the end of the school year, but we can't pass on the publicity it'll bring, considering the performers."

            "And who are the performers?" Mazzara inquired.

            "El-J and Juliet Blues, the son and daughter of the blues legend, Elwood Blues of the Blues Brothers," Bluth revealed.

----------------------

Mr. Mazzara: "As soon as I got back to my classroom, I spent the remainder of my prep digging into this so-called 'blues legend,' Elwood Blues. What I uncovered shocked me. Elwood Blues is not a legendary blues icon – he's a notorious criminal with a mile-high rap sheet. And that wasn't all I discovered. Apparently, Mr. Bluth has his own history with Elwood Blues...one that started in the Joliet Correctional Center! I don't know what these men are doing here at East High, but I won't allow them to dirty the school's clean image."

"