The Eternal Flame: A Story of Love and Reincarnation (bl)

As Jake and Ryan lay on their deathbeds, they knew that their time together was coming to an end. They had been inseparable since they were young, their love burning bright and fierce despite the disapproval of those around them.

As they took their last breaths, they made a promise to each other to be reborn and find each other once again.

Years passed, and the two souls were reincarnated into separate bodies, each born into a different kingdom on opposite sides of the world. Jake was reborn as Phoenix, the embodiment of fire, and was born as a prince in a land of scorching deserts. Ryan was reborn as Frost, the embodiment of ice, and was born as a prince in a land of snowy mountains.

As they grew up, they were taught to hate each other and the kingdoms they represented. They knew nothing of their past lives and the love they had shared.

One day, Phoenix was out hunting in the woods when he stumbled upon a beautiful figure, fast asleep in a clearing. As he approached, he couldn't believe his eyes - Frost was lying there, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Shit, he's so pretty," Phoenix thought to himself.

Suddenly, Frost woke up and took out his ice weapon, ready to defend himself. Phoenix panicked and ran, hiding behind a tree.

But Frost recognized his past lover immediately. "Come out, my firefly," he called out, using the special nickname he had called him by in their past lives.

Tears streaming down his face, Phoenix emerged from his hiding spot and ran to Frost, embracing him tightly. "I've missed you so much," he said through sobs.

"I've missed you too," Frost replied, holding him close.

From then on, the two lovers met in secret, their love for each other burning just as brightly as it had in their past lives.

As they turned 18 and became the leaders of their respective kingdoms, they finally declared their love for each other openly. They married in a beautiful ceremony, surrounded by their loved ones.

As they shared a passionate kiss, Phoenix accidentally burned Frost with his flame. Panicked and ashamed, Phoenix ran away and locked himself in his room.

Frost ran after him, calling out for him to open the door. "Please, let me in. I won't hurt you," he pleaded.

But Phoenix was too afraid, fearing that he would hurt Frost again. They stayed locked in the room for the entire night, with Frost trying to reason with Phoenix and help him control his powers.

Finally, in the morning, Phoenix opened the door, tears streaming down his face. He threw himself into the arms of Frost, apologizing over and over again.

"It's okay," Frost said, holding him close. "We'll help each other control our powers and be together forever."

And so they did, living happily ever after as Phoenix and Frost. They even created a child the embodiment of water which they named Serena, whom they loved and cared for as their own.

Together, the three of them ruled their kingdoms with love and kindness, bringing peace and prosperity to all those around them.

The end

Word count:530