Beyond the Game (bl)

As he lay on the ground, his body broken and his breath shallow, he knew that this was it. The bright light that he had always heard about was calling for him, and he knew that he had to go.

"No!" he thought to himself. "I can't leave yet. I have so much more to do."

But it was too late. He closed his eyes and let go, accepting his fate.

When he opened his eyes again, he was in a strange room. It was filled with glittering jewels and ornate furnishings, and he had a feeling that he knew exactly where he was.

He was in an otome game.

But he wasn't just any character. He was Lady Eris, the villainess.

At first, he was confused. He had always played as the heroines in these games, trying to win the love of one of the handsome male leads. But now, he was on the other side of the equation. He was the one causing trouble and trying to ruin the heroines' chances at happiness.

As Sterling explored the world of the game, he began to piece together the story. Lady Eris was a young girl who had been orphaned at a young age and taken in by the royal family. But she had always felt out of place, as if she didn't quite belong.

Sterling's heart went out to Lady Eris. He knew what it felt like to be different and to struggle to find his place in the world. And as he walked through the castle, he was approached by one of the male leads, Prince Aether.

"Ah, so you're the new villainess," Prince Aether said with a smirk. "I've been looking forward to meeting you."

"What do you mean?" Sterling asked, confused.

"Well, you're the one causing all the trouble in the game, aren't you?" Prince Aether replied. "I can't wait to see what kind of mischief you'll get up to next."

Sterling furrowed his brow. "I don't understand. I've always played as the heroines in these games. I've never been the villainess before."

Prince Aether raised an eyebrow. "You've never played as the villainess before? Then how do you know all of the details of the game? How do you know what I'm talking about?"

Lord Sterling was silent for a moment, trying to process everything that was happening. And then, it all clicked.

"I remember now," he said slowly. "I was hit by a truck on my way to school. And then I woke up here, in the game. But I wasn't just any character. I was Lady Eris."

Prince Aether looked skeptical. "Are you saying that you're not really Lady Eris? That you're just some kind of... spirit, or something, that has taken over her body?"

Sterling nodded. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I have all of her memories, but I'm not her. I'm just someone who was given a second chance."

"And what do you plan to do with this second chance?" Prince Aether asked.

"I want to make things right," Lord Sterling said firmly. "I want to repair the relationships that have been damaged by Lady Eris's actions. I want to help you, Prince Aether. Your father ignores you, and your mother is dead. You must feel so alone."

Prince Aether looked away, clearly uncomfortable with the conversation. But Lord Sterling could see that he had hit a nerve, and he knew that he had to press on.

"I know what it's like to feel alone and misunderstood," Lord Sterling said softly. "But I also know what it's like to find people who accept and love you for who you are. I want to be that for you, Prince Aether. I want to be your friend, and your partner."

Prince Aether looked at Sterling with a mixture of shock and disbelief. He had never met anyone who was so open and genuine, and it touched him deeply.

"I... I don't know what to say," Prince Aether stammered.

Sterling smiled. "You don't have to say anything. Just give me a chance to prove myself. I promise that I won't let you down."

And with that, their journey together began. Sterling worked tirelessly to repair the relationships that had been damaged by Lady Eris's actions, and Aether was by his side every step of the way.

As they spent more time together, they grew closer, and Aether began to see Sterling in a different light. He was kind, caring, and genuine, and Prince Aether found himself falling for him.

But just as things seemed to be going well, Sterling stumbled upon a hidden passage in the castle. As he explored it, he passed out, and when he awoke, he was flooded with memories of his past life.

He remembered everything, including the fact that Lady Eris's mother had hated him and only loved his twin sister. It was a painful revelation, but he knew that he had to face it head on.

With the help of Prince Aether and the rest of the royal family, Sterling was able to confront Lady Eris's mother and come to terms with the past. And as he stood by Prince Aether's side, he knew that he had finally found a place where he belonged.

But his journey was far from over. As he explored the hidden passage further, he stumbled upon a room filled with portraits of the royal family. And as he looked closer, he saw a familiar face.

It was his twin sister,Aurora. She had been kidnapped all those years ago, and her fate had been unknown. But now, Sterling knew that he had to find her and bring her home.

He shared his discovery with Aether and the rest of the royal family, and together, they set out on a quest to rescue Aurora. It was a long and treacherous journey, but in the end, they were successful.

Aurora was overjoyed to be reunited with her twin brother, and Sterling was grateful to finally have his sister back in his life. Together, they worked to repair their relationship and make up for lost time.

And as Sterling stood by Aether's side, he knew that he had finally found his true family. They were a team, united in love and determination, and nothing could stand in their way.

From then on, Sterling lived happily with Aether and the rest of the royal family, using his second chance to make the world a better place. And although he knew that he would never be able to fully escape the shadow of Lady Eris, he was grateful for the opportunity to right the wrongs of the past and find his true place in the world.

Years passed, and Sterling and Aether's love only grew stronger. They built a life together, filled with love, laughter, and joy. And although they faced their fair share of challenges, they always stood by each other's side, supporting and uplifting one another.

As they grew old and grey, they looked back on their life together with gratitude and happiness. They had been given a second chance, and they had made the most of it, building a love that stood the test of time.

And so, they lived happily ever after, their love a shining beacon of hope and inspiration for all who knew them.

The end.

Word count:1128