Chapter 1 - Diamonds.

' 3 of Diamonds. '
  ╭────╯            
╰┈➤ ೃ⁀➷Chapter 1

" Diamonds. "

   Me and my sister had been walking around Tokyo all day

   Me and my sister had been walking around Tokyo all day. Buying random things and having fun. We walked into this one shop in the mall we were at and began looking at the wide selection of clothes.

"What about this one?" My sister asked holding a floral top over her. "Nah, try something else." I shook my head. She made a fake frown and walked away. I let out a laugh.

We continued to look around picking out a few outfits. I walked up to one of the workers with Akira behind me. "Hi, where are the dressing rooms?" I asked. The worked pointed to the corner of the store, "Just down there." The worker smiled. I gave a warming smile and began to walk there.

Me and my sister got in separate rooms beside each other and chatted through the wall as we tried some things on. As I slid one of the shirts I picked out the lights turned off. "What just happened?" I thought out loud.

"Fuck, I think my phone died." Akira groaned. I checked my phone and it wouldn't turn on. "My phone was like fully charged?" I became annoyed. I stayed quiet for a second trying to see something. I quickly threw back the door to the dressing room to see a pitch black store with no one in sight.

"Akira?" I called out. "Yeah?" She called back stepping out. "What the fuck.." She said under her breath staring at the empty store. She turned back and looked at my top. "Ooh, cute!" She smiled. I let out a laugh. "Love your pants." I smiled. We both stepped back into the dressing rooms and changed back.

We walked out the mall and looked around to an empty Tokyo. No living thing in sight. "This is giving me the chills." Akira said, I agreed. We walked about to see if we can find something or someone. I looked behind us to see a big screen that said something about a game? It had arrows pointing north. Akira turned around when she realized I stopped walking and stared at the sign as well.

"This just keeps getting weirder and weirder." She sighed. I raised a brow, "Do we do it?" I asked. "Fuck, why not." She let out a breath as we began walking towards the 'game'.

We reached this building that had the last arrow pointing at it. We walked inside to see multiple people already there. It had a table with phones on it that read, "One per person." Me and Akira both grabbed a phone that used face recognition.

There was 8 other people in the room, a guy alone in the corner, a girl and what seemed like her mother, a couple who was all over each other the entire time and 4 other people who seemed to be alone.

"All players registered. Game will commence in 10 minutes." A voice spoke.

"What is this?" I said out loud. "First time?" A guy from the corner asked. "Yeah..?" I asked. "These are life or death games. If you lose? You die. There are different types of games as well. Spades are a game of physics, Clubs are a game of teamwork, Diamonds are a game of wits and intellect, and hearts? A game of betrayal. Win a game you get visa, when your visa runs out you get shot by a laser." He explained.

I stared at him in confusion. What the fuck? "How long have you been here?" Akira asked. "Long enough to know how things work." He responded.

"Game will commence in 5 minutes. Pick a partner." The voice spoke.

"Me and you?" Akira asked. I slowly shook my head. "I'd rather be safer than sorry. If we pick someone and we have to compete against our partner one of us are going to die." I looked at her. "But if this is a game where the pairs compete with the other pairs than we'd have to go against each other. But with a higher chance of survival." I continued to explain. "God I hate when your smart." She rolled her eyes playfully. I picked the guy who explained the games to us and Akira picked some random girl in the corner.

"Game is commencing. Difficulty, 3 of Diamonds." The voice spoke.
A game of intellect. Easy enough.

An elevator in the front of the room opened and we all stepped inside. The doors slowly closed and began going up. Me and Akira made eye contact before the doors opened. It revealed 5 tables with a game of chess on it. That explains it.

All the groups walked in and sat infront of each other. So we are competing against our partner.

"Game has started. an hour remaining." The voice boomed.

I picked the white side, that means I go first. I moved my pawn and began playing the game. The game was getting more and more intense. Never knowing the next person's move. I looked up from my eyebrows and analyzed him. He was nervous. He probably doesn't know the first rule to chess.

I looked over at Akira who was visibly sweating but pulling good moves. "HA! CHECKMATE!" The girl yelled. Before her partner, who I assumed was he mother could say a word a laser shot through her. My eyes widened and I quickly turned away. This guy wasn't joking. I looked up at him and he was waiting for my turn. Not phased by the death that had just occurred.

I continued playing the game, knowing if I made a wrong move. It's over for me. Forever.

"30 minutes remain." The voice said.

"Omg! Checkmate!" I heard Akira laugh but quickly stop when she looked st the poor girl. "I'm so so-" Before her words could leave her mouth the girl was now dead. Akira slapped her hand on her mouth and let out silent sobs.

I still continued but every move that was played seemed like it made the game go on forever. Every plan I came up with was practically sabotaged by the way this guy played.

He moved his queen but lived in complete regret, he tried to move it back where it was.

"Cheating is not allowed in this game." The voice called out.

His queen moved back to where he played it. "FUCK!" He yelled. It's not like I want to kill him, but I'd rather it be me than him.

"Checkmate." I said softly. "You selfish bi-!" His words were cut off by the laser killing him. We were the last group so the game was, I guess over?

The remaining 5 got in the elevator as the doors shut behind me. "We're gonna have to get used to this." I said in a whisper to Akira. She hummed in response.

______________________
A/N

Im really proud of the characters I created!!!! Make sure to up-vote if you like it<3

(If you see the name 'Akuni' in any chapters it was a misspell for Akira. Please excuse my mistakes!!)