Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Rehaan was back to their farmhouse in Omkareshwar and promptly locked himself up in his room for quite some time. He was indulged into deep thoughts for his sister and everyone around him. Spending almost a decade after being suppressed by the internal pain of losing his parents to death, he could not set his mind free from the disheartening situation.

It was pretty obvious for Aarohi to have followed him to his house, pounding on the panel of his bedroom door and requesting him to unlatch it. He didn't budge though and plainly refused to move out of it.

"Rihu, please open the door." Aarohi hammered against the wooden panel with her fist. "It's not time to lose patience. We need to rescue Pihu instead. Why don't you listen to me?"

"If I were in your place, I would have given you a comfortable space where you could've toiled on your own over the situation."

"That's not how things are going to work every time." Aarohi managed to answer in a squeaky voice. "Weren't you the one who left my house in an aggressive mood to rescue your sister? What happened to your baddass nature when everything took place? Why didn't you try helping uncle Vihaan or preventing Pihu from committing such a bold defensive action?"

"You haven't yet analysed my real nature, Miss Aarohi Agarwal Rana. Though I sound aggressive, have you ever seen me doing anything that's violent or hostile in behavior?" Rehaan raised his voice a little. "Damn! I was hating all of it— the violence, the fight, the quarrels, the heated conversations and my parents—"

He cut his sentence short when he heard the voices of the other family members from outside the door partition. Reclining on a chair next to his bed, he held his forehead with both his hands. "I'm having a very severe headache. I wouldn't like to speak to anybody until the morning. Convey my message to them, Aarohi."

"You are such a bull-headed guy!" She spat angrily. "It wouldn't be too incorrect to say that you are as stubborn as a mule—"

"Whom are you cursing in such a way, Aaru?" Arjun rushed to his daughter as soon as he heard her loud voice. "Is everything alright?"

"Rehaan, dad." Aarohi shook her head. "He has locked himself up and is refusing to move out of the room."

"Leave him as he is." Shaurya told them. Trailing behind him were Sanchi, Vihaan and the other family members. "It's very difficult for the boy to accept the truth, Arjun. As far as I'm aware of, Pihu has been the most important individual in his life who is very dear to him. Seeing his sister in distress is not something he will consider lightly. He needs some space and time, and he will definitely join us after he's cooled down."

"That's the advantage you've gained after having the opportunity to spend almost a decade with my children," Vihaan said sadly as he rested his palm against Shaurya's shoulder. "You've studied my children better than anyone, Shaurya."

"I will have to because I'm their only maternal uncle." He approved with a smile. "Let's sit and decide what we are supposed to do next."

"Shay, I'm very sca-red for Pihu." Sanchi implied painfully. "She is only twe-nty years old, Vih. She's not as matu-red and valiant as you were wh-en you had been to the cus-tody. How will she sur-vive till we get the bail?"

"I have a very strong intuition that my daughter will survive the hardships." Vihaan told her assuringly. "Let's find some best lawyers in the town tonight and get the bail as early as possible tomorrow. Shall we?"

*****

Prachi was ushered inside the dark cell corridor of the Omkareshwar police station. It wasn't the first time that she had been to such a chamber of dimly lit cells; her silent and secretive night expeditions to the outhouse of the Talwars had certainly helped her to some extent.