Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Having achieved one of the greatest guidance from Vihaan, Rehaan was waiting impatiently outside a bank in disguise. The weather in Omkareshwar during the month of May was mildly hot and he was sweating under the furious rays of the sun. His face was covered to the brim of his forehead with a cap while he had put on sunglasses to protect himself from being recognized.

"How long shall I have to wait?" He began to anticipate the possibility of his task from being accomplished. "No, I mustn't begin assuming again. My wild assumptions have been the greatest threat to the hardships in my life."

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and checked the calendar in it. "If my logic is correct, today is the fifteen of the month and I am sure he will be here."

He also took out his detailed e-banking statement and shuffled through the printed pages. "I am on the right track it seems. I've been receiving money from this particular branch lately."

There was a small crowd of people roaming about the lounge and it took less than an hour for Rehaan to spot the only individual he had been waiting for so impulsively. He saw the hoodie-cladded figure emerging from the gate and striding to the last counter hastily. Rehaan stood watching him quietly, who was now speaking to the man in the counter. After a good deal of fifteen minutes, Rehaan realized that his target had begun preparing to leave.

"Ishaan, you have been spotted already. Dad, you are a genius." Rehaan murmured inaudibly. "Today I will surely clean up all the mess for which I am responsible for."

Rehaan joined the queue with his head down, focusing at the ground below and following him silently. Paving his way along the busy streets of Omkareshwar, Ishaan turned left and halted his pace of walking within ten minutes. A dilapidated house made out of bricks and a shade of asbestos caught Rehaan's vision.

Ishaan went inside the house and moved out in two minutes, ushering Karishma with him. Another young lady followed them, carrying a tray of mango juices and sandwiches in her hands. They settled down on the charpoi laid out in front of their house and the girl offered them the contents from the tray.

Rehaan watched them without a word, though his mouth itched to interrupt them. He was hiding behind the bark of a neem tree grown in the corner of the open space in front of their house, anxious to converse with Ishaan as soon as possible. When they were nearly done with their minimal feast, he came out of his hiding and stood abreast them.

"Ishaan, where have you been? Why did you disappear without informing me? This isn't as per our contract." Rehaan's questions threw Ishaan into a moral dilemma as he glanced an eye at his grandmother as well as Rabha's puzzled faces.

"This is not the right place to discuss. We need to move aside," Ishaan said heavily, gnashing his teeth in anguish. Before Rehaan could react, Ishaan pulled him by his wrist and carried him far away behind the bark of the neem tree. "You may begin with your complaints now. My grandma mustn't find it out or else she'll be devastated."

"And what about the sufferings of my sister? She's equally devastated without you." Rehaan began, an urge to reveal everything that tormented his heart. "Why did you choose to go anonymous and invisible to Pihu all of a sudden?"

"Despite being aware of the pain she may be experiencing without me, I had to take the drastic decision of moving away from her and everyone." Ishaan confessed solemnly. "A heart that loves truly cannot be hurt daily due a weakening thread of misunderstanding and lack of trust. My relationship with Prachi was built of anything but trust."

Rehaan held out his hands for Ishaan. The pain in Ishaan's voice could be easily felt, and the doleful expression in his eyes was unveiling the unsaid truth. "We had a deal, hadn't we? But I never expected you to be selling off your own house to arrange money for my treatment. I thought it was all professional between us."