Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"Prayag Avasthi reporting, Sir—" Prachi began laughing as soon as she plopped down on the passenger seat of Vihaan's car. "He didn't seem to recog-nize me, papa. My dis-guise will work wonders, I suppose."

"Make sure that your disguise provides us with the adequate amount of outcomes, dear daughter," Vihaan said in a voice so grave and heavy, keeping his eyes intact on the road ahead. "Will you?"

"Do you think I'll ever let you do-wn, dear father?" She imitated him dramatically before responding, "My plans are sup-erb, aren't they?"

"I consented to the change of our plan in the last minute just because I found you confident with the getup of Prayag Avasthi." He sighed significantly. "Oh my good gracious! You seem to be more valiant than I."

"How can we be called a Bun-dela if we can't spice up our secret mis-sion, papa?"  She murmured into her handkerchief while sneezing. "Getting trained by only you soun-ded so boring to me. Getting to learn more trai-ning skills from someone already profess-ionally heading a training academy is profit-able, don't you think? I'll have access to all sorts of equip-ments and new methods of defense."

"And use them all against the family of your professional trainer!" Vihaan sighed again. "Don't you think it's more advantageous?"

Prachi pursed her lips for a few seconds as Ishaan's face crossed her mind. "But we will make sure that the trai-ner goes unharmed in the process. Every-thing is going to be on his father, not him."

"It was only you who proposed to learn defense techniques at his academy. Why are you getting worried now, Pihu?"

"Because I wanted to stay closer to him." She wondered before saying, "We can't do wrong to him just beca-use he is the son of the Talwars."

"But he will automatically get involved in every wrong his family does." Vihaan made it clear to her. "You or me— we won't be able to do much about it."

"Let's keep th-is aside for the time being. We'll think of it later." She added attentively. "I have a requ-est for you. Can we arrange a group of boys, say five of th-em who may be willing to join me in the trai-ning? Ishaan can only train pupils in batches, papa."

"You require more boys!" Vihaan frowned before letting a smile occupy his lips. "I think I have a handful of them at our Swastik orphanage. Those children are willing to do anything for your mother and I, let alone the training for scouts. It'll help in upgrading their skills and prepare them for the future."

"I have heard of the stories of the orpha-nage as a child. Can you narrate me more of it some-times, papa?" She said merrily and her laughter echoed like ringing bells in a church. Jumping out of the car and stepping inside the gate of their farmhouse, she ran into the house before screaming out to Vihaan, "Get the boys ready for tomo-rrow, papa. We need more mem-bers in our secret mission team!"

Prachi didn't wait for her father to garage the car or join her, as she hurried all her way to her room. It was afternoon when most of the family members were either out for work or taking a nap. She had to be aware of not getting caught in her male attire and to quickly change into her normal clothing.

It was not long after when Prachi had changed into her female clothes that Aarohi entered her room. With her face pale and heart palpitating, she grasped Prachi's wrist and pulled her along, mumbling many things to herself.

"What's wrong, Aaru? Wh-ere are we going? Where are you tak-ing me?"

"To console Shai. She's one such person who won't listen to me at all." Aarohi began complaining as they climbed the stairs together. "She will neither share her pains nor let me get involved in her issues. I don't know how we will manage her problems and—"