Entry 59

Day 2, Month 1, Year 573

Another day on a train.

We ate breakfast. I had a lot. Tytus kept calling me his blood brother.

My blood boiled every time he did.

So when I finally had enough of this insult, I went looking for my allies to discuss a way out of this mess. Our class occupied the first three train cars, with Tytus and I sitting in the second.

First, I went to the third train car to grab Mairian. He and Ludwik were chatting with a few other scouts, so I walked over and grabbed his collar.

"I am borrowing him."

Marian quickly followed, "uh, I'll be right back.

Then, in the front if that third car, was Tobiasz and Moa. I quickly grabbed the small fairy and placed her on my shoulder.

"I am borrowing her."

Moa smiled and flew up to the top of my head, "ooh, where we going? What do you need?"

I went back into the second train car, and walked up to Teodor and Anita, who were cuddling together and reading a book.

"I am borrowing you two. Follow me."

They glanced to Moa, who looked excited, and Marian, who shrugged. Rather than give me any lip, they put the book down and followed behind me.

Now, Tytus had moved to another seat by now and was chatting with a few other scouts. He looked over but didn't seem all too concerned with what I was doing. He was either happy I had friends, or saw Teodor and Anita and learned to mind his own business.

Entering the first car, I led this small group to the front, where Lubomir was talking with Anatol and the rest of their group. They sat on both sides of the isle, so I walked between them, interrupting their conversation.

"Something you need, Malina?" Lubomir asked, glancing to the others.

"Why did you bring us here?" Anita added, cocking her head to the side.

Teodor looked me up and down, then crossed his arms, "it's about Tytus, isn't it?"

"Yes." I glanced around the group I had assembled, all eyes were on me. "Everyone here knows I love Tytus. There is an issue that needs to be resolved."

"Sure," Anatol said, "what do you need? We'll help." He sat in the window seat, with Lubomir to his left.

"Anita forced him to understand we are not brother and sister," I said, she smiled and gave a small bow. "He accepted that he loves me more than a friend but now he is saying that our relationship is that of blood brothers. I am in the same position I was in a week ago."

Anatol narrowed his brow, "have you considered telling him how you feel? You have actual romantic feelings for him, just stress that."

"I have done so many times in the past. He has brushed me off."

Marian leaned against the back of a chair, "but things should be different now, right? I mean, you said he said that he loves you more than just a friend, can't you sit down and explain to him that those feelings... are actually love? That'd what I'd want, at least."

Teodor, who stood behind Marian, a bit taller than him, nodded. "It sounds like he really does love you romantically, but he's worried of how you'd react, so he's subconsciously making all sorts of justifications in his head as to how he can both simultaneous have a burning love for a girl while not dateing her. He thinks you don't love him, and he doesn't want to be hurt, so he isn't making the first move. With how much his understanding of your relationship has been shattered, I'm pretty sure if you strike now, you'd be married before we even reach Basugio."