♪₦Ɇ₩ ɎɆ₳Ɽ₴ ₴₱Ɇ₵ł₳Ⱡ♪

—————————————————————
This is apart from the story, and so anything that happens within this chapter does not and will not be mentioned within the story after this.
It could possibly take quite a while just to get to the level of allowance Dream shows in this special.
———————————————————

    "There were all sorts of color splatters and patterns in the night sky. Fireworks, they were called. Although pretty, they were also quite loud. It reminds Dream of his earlier years as a child.

    The villagers were to set off these so called fireworks into the sky at nighttime. It had always frightened Nightmare, and he could never get any sleep with the loud booming sounding off any and every minute. Even if the sounds had scared Nightmare, he still enjoyed the many color patterns in the sky.

    Dream was—actually, used to be always with Nightmare in these times. Nightmare used to be filled with joy just to be with Dream and to watch the fireworks while on top their mother's branches. However, their relationship just fell so broken on such a day.

    It started when all of a sudden he was woken up that morning by Dream. Usually Dream would allow Nightmare to wake up on his own time, but not this time. Just looking at Dream filled him with the negative emotions Dream felt. Usually Dream was filled with any emotion but negativity. Even more strange, Dream just whispered Nightmare's nickname to him in a saddened and shocked tone before leaving.

    The day continued on strangely normal until it was evening. The time when fireworks were soon to start in just an hour, or so he thought. He could never guess correctly what time, the villagers were a bit unpredictable with it. It was that time when any emotion he felt from Dream was dropped.

    It was if Dream was just an emotionless puppet at that moment. And at that moment, Dream approached him and sat beside him under the Tree of Feelings. H——"

"How embarrassing and horrendous you are." Dream said, interrupting the person speaking before grabbing the book said person was holding.

"This is worse than those.. novellas that the printing error likes to watch." Dream said as he flipped through the pages.

     "Hey! Don't-!" It was then too late to say anything. Dream had ripped out the pages and have crumbled them, even tearing them to pieces. "They do not deserve such ridiculousness to reach their eyes any longer than it already has." Dream said as he gave back the book and the many teared crumbled pieces of paper that used to be pages of writing.

    "Dream! Why must you be so harsh to the human?!" Blue said as he crossed his arms, unhappy with Dream being so rude.

"Said human controls all your conflicts and is why you go through and think such things." Dream retorted. Blue didn't know how to respond to that and instead shut his mouth.

    "C'mon you two! Stop arguing and get in the photo with the rest of us." Nightmare said to the two skeletons. Blue mumbled something before cheering up again and moving towards the group of skeletons to join them. Dream rolled his eye-lights and did not make a move to join.

    Nightmare sighed and pulled Dream in with a tentacle. Dream struggled for only a short moment before giving up as he knew it was not worth the effort.

"CHEESE!"

    Everyone but Dream shouted as the camera clicked and flashed, capturing a photo of them all. Dream was the only one who did not smile and only stood there and looked at the camera. It didn't really matter to Nightmare nor anyone else who looked at the photo. All that mattered was that..

Dream finally opened up more than anyone could ever think he could. Even if he did struggle a bit.

And so the bright and colorful fireworks blasted off into the night sky, signaling a new end and a new beginning.

——————————————————-
Happy New Years!
I do not know if you all even do this for New Years, but my family does a wish for each month of the year. Twelve months which means twelve wishes.

What are your twelve wishes for the year?