GOODBYE

—————————————————————
"He has to be.."
—————————————————————

He really is hallucinating. Now there's random splashes of black everywhere.. wait. Now the whole room is turning... Even with the room changing, Nightmare was still in front of him with a worried expression on his face. Odd.

Though this whole situation is odd. It makes me feel sick.. Well, I was already sick before so this makes me feel even more sick. I might even throw up or pass out.. I'd prefer the latter op..tion... Wa..it. W..hy a..m I.. mo...vi..ng? E..ww..
"Get yo..ur disgu..sting ten..tacles o..ff me..."
-
Everyone stared at the now unconscious Dream. Was Dream really complaining about Nightmare's tentacles in a situation like this? Dream also just complained out loud for once.

None the matter, the gang really needed to get out of there quickly. The AU they were all currently in is collapsing very soon, and the base was empty of any Sanses on the 'good' side. They all most likely left Dream there to fall into the void with no way of escaping the cell and out the AU. With Dream being so weak, he wouldn't be able to portal out anyways even if he did escape the cell.

As they all went through a portal Nightmare opened that led to the castle, they all did wonder why they are even trying to survive as long they can in a falling apart multiverse. It'll get to them eventually yet they still try. Well, some do. Dream didn't seem to care anymore. On that note, Nightmare looked at the unconscious Dream before sighing as he took the other to a room and laid him down on a bed. He then left the room and to downstairs in the living room where everyone else was.

——-

Days had past and Dream was still unconscious. Not even the strongest of tremors caused by AUs falling into the void had made him react. It was assumed that it was because there was basically no positivity in the multiverse, weakening Dream enough for him to not have enough strength to wake up once he fell unconscious. There had been attempts made to wake Dream up by remembering and thinking of positive things that made them happy. Really it didn't seem enough and those positive thoughts went away as they all remembered the current situation. At one point it was assumed that Dream would not wake up and that it would stay that way until they all were in the void where nothing mattered anymore.

Speaking of that, today was the day they were to fall. To get sucked into the void. Dream never woke up, what was assumed was true. Everyone was all together in the living room, waiting. Waiting for when the AU would crack and collapse into the void. They all thought of their lives, their regrets, their happy memories, their family, and their friends. Well, not everyone was there. Nightmare wasn't there. He was in the room Dream was in, deciding to be with his brother. Even though the other clearly didn't like him, there had been moments that shown from Dream where Nightmare doubted that.

He thought they would have more time. That Dream wouldn't be unconscious the whole time, and that when he woke up, Nightmare would try to get his 'only purpose' off his mind. It was useless now and he thought that when that mindset was away, that he'd finally be able to hangout with his sibling after all these years. Hangout as in not in a way where Dream was unhappily trapped in a cell while they talked, no, as in they had actual conversations they were both interested in. That Dream would actually be happy about something and that Nightmare would be happy that Dream was happy.

Well, it has come to now and none of that ever happened. He was foolish, why would he hype himself up and hope for something like that? He acted as if they had years and years for it all to be fixed and be like that. He acted as if Dream would just change that easily in that short amount of time.

Maybe somewhere out there, an alternate version of the two would actually be happy with each other. Just not this version.

"Goodbye, brother."