Shattered Hearts

There once was a beautiful young girl. However, she had a secret. Her heart was made of glass. No one else knew how fragile her small heart was. As she aged, her parents grew more distant, despite her efforts to stay close. A crack formed on her heart. She was worried. She knew she had to be careful. One day, she met a boy. He smiled at her and she could feel the crack in her heart healing. A few months later however, he cheated on her. He left an even deeper crack on her heart than the one she had before. She realized her friends were all she had. They understood her, unlike her parents. She knew they were what was keeping her heart in one piece. After she finished her freshman year, her parents moved her to a new school. Now she was alone. She had no friends. No one to understand. No one to help her keep her heart together. She still kept the secret of her frail heart to herself. When she got home, her father was in a rage. He yelled at her, screaming how she wasn't good enough for everyone. Her heart could bear no more. It shattered. She fell to the floor, quickly fading. Once a heart is broken, you have only so much time to fix it. No one was in time to save the young girl. Her gravestone said, "Here lies the girl with a glass heart that the world showed no mercy to." This story gets sadder still, for the girl who thought she was alone never was. So many people's hearts are made of glass. Yet, no one wants anyone to know how easily hurt they are. That is the saddest thing of all.