JAN 2023 Event - Conquering Contests & Prompts

EVENT DATE: Saturday Jan 28th, 2023

EVENT TIME: 2pm Eastern Time Zone (GMT -5)

EVENT DETAILS

Did you make a new year's resolution to really focus on your writing? Isn't that a given for all of us? WritersConnX is starting off our annual panel series with two topics that will tempt your creative side - writing a story to a prompt and entering it in a contest. If one or both of these topics intimidate you, you're not alone. Still, we cannot deny that challenging ourselves as writers is an excellent way to improve our skills, nudging us outside of our comfort zones. Just look at the number of authors who can write more than one genre and do it well.

~   ~   ~

Our panel this month will feature writers who understand the unique format of writing to a prompt, like past ONC participants. Don't know ONC? It stands for Open Novella Contest, which requires every story entry to be written to a prompt. You can find out more about this Wattpad contest here OpenNovellaContest .

~    ~    ~

Join us for answers to questions like: "Are there certain genres that make it easier to write to a prompt?" "How can I best prepare for the requirements of a contest?" "Can I find writing communities who will be talking about this contest?"

~   ~   ~

This is a virtual event, and it will be livestreamed on YouTube. Copy the link below and paste it into your browser (or click on the link in the comments). The event will pop up on our YouTube channel, then all you do is click the bell of the event to be notified when it goes live. Our team will be standing by to chat with you and answer questions during the livestream. See you on January 28th!

https://youtu.be/Mji7tssjodo