Puffle Meets Luigi

Puffle slowly began to regain consciousness as the young dog lifted her head up, whimpering. All around her, she seemed to be in a spooky land full of ash gray ground and twisted trees with no leaves. She sniffed for Sunni and barked for her owner. But there wasn't a reply. She started to get onto her legs as she began to limp on, looking for Sunni.

She barked again and there was still no answer. The dog seemed a little worried as she trudged on the spooky landscape, whimpering. She could hear something drawing her attention. Footsteps, and it sounded very near. The scared dog whimpered as she began to hide under a log as a flashlight shined on her.

"Hello? Mario? Is that you?"

The dog lifted her head up to hear a man's voice. To her, it sounded like that this man was more lost than she was. A bright light made her squint her eyes and saw someone looking inside.

"Here, girl." the voice pleaded. "Come on out."

Puffle began to whimper again and carefully began to approach the figure. As soon as the light went down, Puffle saw a man with a green hat. He wore blue overalls and a green shirt underneath it. His eyes are blue and he has a mustache under his nose. He was bending down and staring at the small pup as Puffle walked close to the man. The man began to raise his hand and slowly began to stroke the dog's fur. This man is scared like she was as he stared at the collar on Puffle's neck.

"Puffle," he said. "Your name is Puffle?"

In response, the dog nodded her head. This man is actually Luigi, Mario's missing brother and he had been lost just like her.

"Don't be scared," He told her. "I'm lost as you are. I lost my older brother, Mario and I don't know where he is." Puffle barked, saying that she lost her owner as well. "We'll be okay," he said again, carrying the small dog in his arms. "We're gonna be okay."

He took a few deep breaths as Luigi began to turn on his flashlight again. Everywhere he looked were dead trees and sticky mud. Puffle stood close to Luigi's side, whimpering as branches almost caught her leg. They began to jump through a lava lake and stumbled into a tree of bats. It scared Luigi as he batted them away. He started his flashlight again as he and Puffle continued on. They suddenly begin to hear something, a rustle to be in fact. Something is there. Luigi could have sworn he saw something moving, something white,. The lights on his flashlight went out again and he knocked them to get it working. When he looked again, there in front of them was an undead skeleton of a Koopa Troopa. The undead creature's eyes glowed red and lunged at them. Luigi and Puffle screamed and they began to run away from the thing as it chased them. Luigi began to remove his bag to go faster. In an instant, Luigi was hit by a branch and went flying backwards, knocking the skeleton down. A clatter of bones scattered all over the wasteland as it fell. Luigi got back up and saw that he defeated it. He picked his hat from the skeleton and put it back on his head.

"Ha Ha! Yes! You just got Luigied!"

But for a moment, the eyes of the skeleton turtle started to glow and roared, scaring Luigi. The bones slowly begin to move on their own and start to join together again on the skeleton body. Luigi began to step away and fell backwards as Puffle whimpered. Dozens of them, the undead koopa troopa burst from the ground like zombies as they screech. Puffle began to bark at Luigi to run and they began to flee for their lives. All of the zombies started to chase them until the dog saw something in the distance. It was a fortress and it might be a safe hideout. They both stop to see that the section of the bridge was gone leaving rubble floating in the magma. They had no choice but to jump through. The zombies begin to follow them as they try to grab Luigi's leg with their undead skeleton teeth. Puffle managed to climb to the other side of the fortress and pulled Luigi up who almost fell into the lava. They rush right inside and they quickly begin to close the door shut, a clatter of bones scattered across the ground. Luigi and Puffle begin to back away whimpering as the loud banging came from inside. They seemed safe and alone.

Luigi sighed a breath of relief as he sat down on a piece of rubble. Suddenly, thunder flashed and something pounced right at them.

Luigi struggled to move until he saw that his hands were tied up with rope along with Puffle, whose neck was tied up too. They saw that these creatures belong to red creatures with a white mask over their faces, the last one had a black gas mask on his face, revealing they are called Shy Guys and a Snifit.

They started to drag them outside the fortress with their binds wrapped in place as Puffle whimpered in sadness. They began to climb up to a hill and started to climb on top of a flying zeppelin. They got on and they started to fly up to the sky. The fortress got smaller as Luigi stared at it from below. He began to remember when he was just a child, some of the bullies pick on him and destroy his castle, but Mario was able to stop them and protect his brother. He sighed as Puffle began to lay her head on his lap. Luigi suddenly took notice of his new companion and petted her head, wishing that his brother and her owner might come and save them in time.