1

"Hi mother" I signed in sign language as I walked into the bakery

"Hi mother" I signed in sign language as I walked into the bakery. My mother looked over at me as she was behind the counters wiping them off.

"Hi my baby" my mother signed as she smiled and walked over to me. I took in her embrace and swung her side to side.

My mother was very beautiful for her age. Her light brown hair mostly now covered in grey thats pulled in a low bun. Her honey brown skin and eyes that I inherited from her were both shining in the sun.

I also inherited her hearing issues but it wasn't really that bad like my mothers. My mother went completely deaf when I was only 5 and started me off teaching me sign language before I could even walk. I tucked my straight hair that I flat ironed today exposing my hearing Ade.

I placed my apron on and watched as my mother went in the kitchen to finishes the baking.

I started taking the Costumers orders as the bell to the door rung. I immediately looked up to see Stefano my best friend enter and smile at me.

"Here you go" I smiled at the customer as I handed her her cheesecake. She thanked me and placed a tip in the tip jar before she exited.

"Hi ugly" Stefano said as he leaned his elbows on the counter as his mouth watered from the desserts on display.

I rolled my eyes and lightly giggled. Me and Stefano been best friends all our life. He's like a brother too me.

"Cupcakes or cheesecake Stefano" I sighed out as he licked his lips practically drooling from the fresh dessert my mother brought out.

"Cheesecake"

"The slice or the full cake?" I asked and he looked at me as if he knew that he was gonna ask for the full cheesecake.

"Come on Sabriya, you know i want the full cheesecake" He lightly laughed out and scooted the cheesecake towards him.

He pulled out his wallet and gave me the 20$ and placed a full stack of money in the tip jar. I smiled at his kind gesture as he immediately dug in his cheesecake as he leaned over the counter.

"I don't know if you know but your father is back in town" Stefano said with his mouthful.

I froze completely.

My father left me and my mother for 2 months without a trace or without telling us. He does this all the time and expects to come back in our life's even though my father and mother never had bad blood.

My father and I don't have bad blood either but  I don't deal with him because he does bad things and I made it clear to my father and Stefano I don't want to be involved in it and they both agreed.

"Earth too Sabriya" Stefano snapped his fingers which made me come back to earth.

"Oh"

"I know you don't like talking about your father I just felt like you should know" he gently smiled at me and then ate another big piece of the cheesecake.

My eyes widen as half the cheesecake was already gone. "Fattass" I giggled out and he looked at me slowly as he took another bite of cheesecake.

"How's the studying shit going?" Stefano asked.

"Stressful but hanging in there" I huffed out.

He nodded as he leaned off the counter while holding onto the cheesecake. "I have to go. I'll talk to you later" he said as he walked out the shop.

My mother left the shop early as I insisted that I will finish off the customers and close up

Just as I cleaned off everything the door bell chime. "We're closed sorry" I said while wiping down the counters and looking up to see my father.

"Father, what are you doing here?" I hesitantly said as he didn't change one bit, except for the color change in his hair.

I mostly look like my mother than I look like my father. His brown eyes, light skin, and now grey hair that used to be curly and dark brown.

"I wanted to see how the shop is doing" he said while he placed his hands in his front pants pocket and looked around.

"It's doing good" I said as I walked behind the counter and grabbed some of the desserts from the display self and boxed them up.

I usually take them to homeless people or shelters that are in need.

My father lightly hummed. "How have your mother been?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself. There's no bad blood between you guys" I looked up at him as his eyes were already on me.

"Fair enough" he quickly said and sighed.

There was silence between me and my father, not a bad silence but an awkward one.

"Where were you? What made you decide to up and leave me and mom for 2 months" I placed the boxes down and looked at my father.

He turned his body towards me and shook his head. "You know my cupcake... I can't tell you that" he sighed out.

"Why?" I quickly snapped back at him.

"I just can't."

I bit the insides of my cheeks and turned around to turned off all the display lights and locked up the kitchen.

"Leave" I bluntly said.

"Bu..."

"But nothing father, I'm going home. If you want to talk then come over to the house" I quickly said as I pushed him out the door which was a challenge. It wasn't easy pushing a man who's pushing 50 out a door.

I locked up behind me and walked away from my father. I felt his eyes on me the whole time I walked away.

X

Votes thoughts comments?