Chapter seventeen

Castiel stood outside the house Dean had learnt to call home. Dean had gone to Lisa, and she had opened up her home to him, letting him grieve his brother and giving him a family. Ben, Lisa's son was ecstatic about Dean possibly becoming his step-father and Dean had gracefully accepted this role. He had gotten a job as a carpenter and was happy in his new life. That's why it pained Castiel to knock on the door in front of him.

"Oh, hello, what can I help you with?" Lisa opened the door, not knowing the man who had knocked on her door.

"Hello, is Dean home?" Castiel asked. Lisa turned around and called for Dean, who came half-running to the door with a smile on his face after a joke Ben had made a few seconds earlier.

His face faltered a bit as he saw Castiel standing at his doorstep, his mind fearing he came bearing bad news. "Hey Cas, what are you doing here?"

"Can I come inside?"

Cas sat awkwardly on the couch, with Dean and Lisa in front of him. They had sent Ben to his room. Castiel was hoping to talk to Dean alone, but it seemed he wanted Lisa next to him.

"Is Millie ok?" Dean spoke up, fearing the worst. He hadn't talked to Castiel since Sam had died, he did however keep in contact with Millie, and now that Cas had come to his house, his only concern was his sister not being with him.

"Last I spoke to her, yes. I believe she is with Carson. Have you heard from her in the last couple of days, Dean?"

"You mean she is missing?"

"I don't know. All I know is that neither me or Bobby can get ahold of either her or Carson".

"Fuck"

"I was hoping maybe she had talked to you" Castiel stood up, getting ready to leave, "sorry to bother you".

"Hey, you're not just dropping by to tell me my sister is missing and then zapping out of here, do you understand?"

Castiel knew he was not to say against Dean when I got this angry. "Hold on" Dean left the room but soon came back with his computer.

"Is Millie missing?" Ben came running down the stairs to his mother, having not done as he was told to go to his room, he had been listening in on their conversation from the staircase.

"We don't know sweetie" Lisa told her son the truth, not wanting to lie to him. Millie had met Lisa and Ben on several occasions after they took in Dean, and Lisa and Ben had come to consider her family as well.

"Have you tracked her phone?"

"No, none of us knew her password" Castiel sat down on the couch again.

"Do you know what she and Carson was doing?"

"No, she didn't tell any of us".

"And you just let her leave?" Dean was angry, not only at Castiel, but at himself as well. Would she be missing if he had been there?

Castiel looked guilty down at the floor before speaking, "Your sister isn't someone who tends to lose an argument once her mind is set on something, and I trust her enough to go out on her own. I don't follow her around everywhere, you know".

"No I don't know, because last I heard from her, you two were spending about every damn day together, what happened?"

"We had a fight about a week ago, and I haven't heard from her since".

"What was the fight about?"

Castiel really didn't want to tell Dean, knowing it would cause another argument, but Dean didn't budge.