Chapter twenty seven

Castiel went out to get Millie some food as she took a shower, cleaning all the blood of her. Millie felt euphoric about the kiss with Castiel. She had recognized her feeling for him some time ago, but she had never believed he was able to feel the same for her. But he had kissed her and told her he loved her.

As she got out of the shower, dressed in underwear and an oversized t-shirt, Castiel was sitting on the couch with food in front of him. Millie sat down next to him feeling her stomach growl as she smelt the food. When she thought about it, she couldn't remember eating much after Carson had died.

"Thank you" Millie said to Castiel as she took the hamburger and started to eat. After not eating for a few days, she quickly became full and sat back on the couch, finally feeling herself relax.

"How are you feeling?" Castiel asked as he looked at the girl. It felt a bit weird after he had confessed his love for her, but she had kissed him back, making him a bit less anxious about the situation. He knew Millie wasn't in a good place right now and he didn't expect her to say those three words back.

"A bit better... but I'm scared" Millie confessed and Castiel could see the fear all over her face as she spoke.

"I understand that. Remember that I'm not going anywhere, and I am not giving up on you" Castiel paused for a second as they locked eyes before continuing, "I think we should let your brothers and Bobby know you're ok, because believe me, they are very worried".

"Yeah... we can go to Bobby's tomorrow, right now I just want to sleep".

Castiel texted Dean, asking him to meet at Bobby's tomorrow, then Millie and Castiel went to bed. Castiel laid down, wearing only his boxers, with Millie in his arms, hoping she would get some well-deserved sleep after these horrible days. Millie couldn't help feeling her cheeks heating up as Castiel got undressed. They had shared a bed several times before due to Millie's nightmares, but he had always kept his clothes on. This was different. Now they had shared a kiss and even though she felt very comfortable in Castiel's company, something had changed.

"Castiel?" Millie spoke after a while.

"Yes?"

"Did you mean what you said?"

"Yes" there was no hesitation in Castiel's voice as he spoke, and he didn't need to ask Millie about what she meant, he knew what this was about. He was sure of his feelings, but the doubt started to kick in. What if she didn't feel the same and just kissed him back because she needed comfort?

Millie lifted her head from Castiel's chest and looked into his eyes as she smiled, "I love you too". Castiel was sure his heart would explode as Millie said that. He had never felt like this before, and he never wanted the feeling to go away. Castiel smiled as he pulled Millie in for their second kiss that evening.

Millie and Castiel drove to Bobby's house the next morning. Having gotten a full night's sleep for the first time in days left Millie with so much energy she hardly managed to sit still in the passenger seat. She was nervous about seeing her brothers after she just left in the middle of the night and she was scared to tell them what she had done in another black out session, but Castiel was there, trying to reassure her the whole trip that they would just be glad she was ok.

As the pair walked inside the house, Sam, Dean and Bobby was shocked to see Millie with Castiel. He hadn't mentioned her in his text to the boys, because Castiel knew they would call and text non-stop until he told them where their sister was when all she needed was some sleep.

Sam was the first to run up to Millie and hug her and as soon as he let go, Dean pulled her into a hug, then Bobby.

"I'm sorry I just left like that..." Millie felt like she was about to be scolded by her parents and she needed a good excuse not to be grounded.

"Don't worry about that, Millie, you're ok, that's all that matter" Bobby spoke before anyone else managed too, knowing Dean would probably react with a little more temper than himself.

"Where were you?" Sam asked, still just happy that his sister was good.

"I just needed some time alone..."

"With Cas?" Dean was the one to ask now, a hint of teasing in his voice. He too was glad Millie wasn't hurt or in trouble and he had managed to calm himself down now.

"He came to me last night after... well, I should probably tell you guys what happened..." Millie sat down on a chair, facing the three boys in front of her as Castiel stood next to her. Millie started to tell the boys what she had done, not having the courage to look anyone in the eyes as she spoke. She knew this whole thing with her blacking out was a bad sign and she was afraid to how they would react to it.

However, her brothers and Bobby didn't show any sign of anger or disappointment, they were afraid too, because no one knew what was happening to Millie. The boys started to brainstorm ideas about what it could be before Millie looked up at Castiel, "Tell them", she whispered and giving him an encouraging nod. She knew her brothers would react badly to Castiel's news. He had told her his suspicions earlier that morning, before they left the motel, about how he believed her soul was in the process of becoming a demon, that Pan had been successful in her torture.

So Castiel spoke up and the duo watched Sam, Dean and Bobby shake their heads in disbelief, sorrow, and anger as he spoke. They had all been thinking the same, that it was a possibility, but none of them had dared to speak the truth, because then it became a reality.

"Bobby, can I speak with you outside?" Millie spoke up for the first time, keeping her eyes on Bobby as she spoke. He nodded before getting up from his chair and walking outside.

"I know what you're going to say, Millie" Bobby stood next to Millie on the front porch, not ready to go through with his promise. He had hoped, after seeing Millie back to life and being herself for so long, that everything would be just fine.

"I know I asked you this a long time ago, but it might be time, Bobby..."

Bobby was silent for a few minutes before he spoke, "I don't think I can do this... there has to be something else we can do".

"I'm not saying to do it now, but I don't know how I'm supposed to live like this, not knowing when I'll black out and go on a killing spree again. I've been lucky it's only been demons so far, but what if I hurt you or my brothers next time it happens?"

"Come here" Bobby brough Millie in for a big hug, a hug both of them desperately needed.

"Now, when are you going to confess your feelings to the angel?" Millie let out a chuckle at Bobby's question.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't lie to me Millie, I know you probably better than you know yourself and you are very clearly in love" Bobby was right. He had always had the ability to see right through her and her emotions, either good or bad.

"I kind did... last night"

"And how did it go?"

"Well, he said it first and then he kissed me" Millie felt her cheeks heating up by the mere thought of kissing Castiel.

"Good, good. You deserve to be happy, Millie"

"Please don't tell my brothers, they will never shut up about it".

"Promise"