I

Scarlet coven
Diamond coven
Blood moon coven
Yellowstone clan

You see there are 4 factions of clans/coven's and they each have one princess, but one has two prince's and one princess most the time it depends on the who's the oldest but there was one occasionally that had the youngest as the heir to the throne and that's because the brothers didn't want it (talk about lazy) their reasoning is because they didn't want to manage it and all the paperwork that would come with the job and them saying she will be fine with everything that has to be done besides everyone love her and cherishes her(just wait). 

Each time the kidnappings of the princess where spread out in pacific time to a point they should know if they are going to strike but they couldn't because either they didn't bother looking into it or they wanted them gone, either way they could just produce more heirs if need be and some didn't prepare anything to keep the princess's save besides one, she prepared because she had to take responsibility for everything that's involved her territory and her parents trying to convince at least one of her brothers to take over the throne but by the young age of 10 she was announced the heir to the throne and put through hell to make sure she ruled the clan well and was a good leader but the coven couldn't accept she was younger than most and didn't take her seriously. She didn't know what it was like to be a child because of her brother's selfishness. 

There is only one clan that didn't want their baby taken away because the other had to do it herself. Scarlet coven wanted to keep their only child and heir safe from danger but they could never expect what was about to happen. They never prepared for a storm to happen that night the ruby clan had lost their heir when the winds picked up and they couldn't search for her until it stopped (can shift into bats) but all they knew was she was blown into the direction of the shadow pack territory. With the diamond territory heiress waiting for the shadow pack to show up.